Video game OSTs

I don't doubt the cost of licensing for a moment.

They do have a big goal to reach but it's not impossible. This is our chance to prove to Nintendo there is a legitimate market for their soundtracks on vinyl, or even just in the US. I'm not even particularly a fan of Mother, but I backed today. Vote with your wallets people.

I don't doubt the cost of licensing for a moment.

They do have a big goal to reach but it's not impossible. This is our chance to prove to Nintendo there is a legitimate market for their soundtracks on vinyl, or even just in the US. I'm not even particularly a fan of Mother, but I backed today. Vote with your wallets people.

Do what you want, but this isn't voting with your wallets. This will do nothing to convince nintendo to press vinyl. 

$42,000?

....really?

I don't know this is already at $14,000 and climbing with 29 days to go. I can see it happening. 

That's just the initial rush.  That means it'd have to keep up this kind of demand throughout the whole process.  I think $40-45 is excessive for a video game soundtrack symphonic cover album.

Been playing ME1 on NG+ after playing through the whole Trilogy a while back.  Also been listening to lots of Perturbator, and just can't stop thinking how much I want Perturbator to do the soundtrack to the next Mass Effect game.  I just imagine it being super-creepy and -atmospheric, just like a game set in space should be.  

That's just the initial rush.  That means it'd have to keep up this kind of demand throughout the whole process.  I think $40-45 is excessive for a video game soundtrack symphonic cover album.

I think it's going to reach the goal, it may not convince Nintendo to release any sort of music on vinyl but it sure is giving the Mother/Earthbound franchise more exposure. $40 is expensive for a re-release but fans are willing to pay.

Like Hotline Miami?

I wouldn't call that a dark, atmospheric game. Plus the music he made for it was pretty much in line with what he puts out now. I guess i meant that if he did a game that would make him branch out and try something new I think that could go over very well.

I will not purchase this Mother release, but it's already at almost $31,000 of its $42,000 goal with 29 days left. Also, since it's a "staff pick" it could very well hit 60K or more. That is ridiculous and these new-jacks are going to be making a high profit margin off of these bad boys. They already have too much money, so they definitely don't need my $45.