OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Thanks Willy. It makes sense (in my mind). We'd been waiting and wanting for so long, that I am pissing my pants with excitement that it's finally happening. Now let us hope that the GA1 pressing that DIDN'T happen on RSD happens on Black Friday. If it does, I literally quit life because no year will top this year (until I am selected to tour with the band just because...maybe I'll be a merch guy or something?) 

What is everyone's HOPES for this? That is: one version; 4 color variants; different weights; different artwork, etc. I don't think the Champ will mind if we highjack his thread to discuss our DREAMS for this release.

How about me you ask?

I want ONE variant, remastered, on heavyweight vinyl, gatefold sleeve (because wtf is up with NOT gatefold-ing it?), and maybe a little bonus 7" or something (à la SSTB 7") with demos (maybe some of the PLATINUM VIP Cassette on vinyl).

Triple LP not double. Three Evils sounds pretty bad because there's 22 minutes of music on Side 1 of the 2LP that's already out. The end of Backend of Forever has this issue too. Sadly, the listing says it's only 2LP though. One can dream.

Triple LP not double. Three Evils sounds pretty bad because there's 22 minutes of music on Side 1 of the 2LP that's already out. The end of Backend of Forever has this issue too. Sadly, the listing says it's only 2LP though. One can dream.

Would it be possible to put 21:13 on a 7" like IRO-Bot and just space out the tracks a little more. Instead of a 3xLP?

This album is just under 70 minutes when you cut out the stupid "nothing" tracks. That can easily be fit onto two LP's and can sound amazing as long someone experienced does the cutting. Sounds like whoever did the first press must have run the music into the cutter too hot. I've never owned or played a copy on vinyl so I don't know from first hand experience.

If they split it like this:

A1    The Ring In Return                                             2:07
A2    In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3                 8:12
A3    Cuts Marked In The March Of Men                     5:00

B1    Three Evils (Embodied In Love And Shadow)     5:08
B2    The Crowing                                                       6:35
B3    Blood Red Summer                                             4:05

C1    The Camper Velorium I: Faint Of Hearts             5:21
C2    The Camper Velorium II: Backend Of Forever     5:22
C3    The Camper Velorium III: Al The Killer                 4:15
C4    A Favor House Atlantic                                        3:54

D1    The Light & The Glass                                        9:39
D2    Untitled [21:13]                                                    9:46

...then none of the sides ever surpass 20 minutes and 2 of them don't even come close. This can be done on 2XLP.