OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Yeah man that was the album that got me into Coheed so I'm going to go all out!

Same here. I didn't really like them at all then. After Apollo 1 dropped, I was on the phone with my bass player at the time and he described keeping the blade to me and how it was this instrumental track made up of both intros and he said the following 2 songs were amazing. I wasn't really sold based on what he said but when I got to best buy to look at the cover I noticed it had 15 songs on it and it was on sale for 7.99. That's just great economics right there. What I didn't know was that I was going to fall in love with a band and it's story. So I for one can't wait for Apollo 1's Neverender. I will spare no expense for that. Sorry for rambling, I haven't slept much this past week.

:( That's just multiple levels of hurt...what kind of cartridge do you use currently?

Ortofon 2M red, came with the Pro-ject.

Take time off from buying records and buy a good cart. Doesn't have to be incredible, but a good audio technica, denon, ortofon in the 100 to 200 dollar range will do. Maybe a grado if it's a good match for your arm. I know it's expensive, but it will be the best thing for your vinyl addiction ever.

Yeah, I'm looking at the AT120ET cartridge. Will likely get that after the holidays. Right now I'm saving for a new phone, then I gotta get presents plus Black Friday sales. 

hahaha. Hey at least it was respectful. I have a broad range in tastes. They are within that realm of what i consider awesome.

Haha yeah, I was just joking around.

got my gray copy in the mail the three days ago and finally got a short chance to listen to the first disc. Holy smokes, it sounds awesome. No warps or anything to my copy; real happy to have this finally. Expensive as fuck record for just being another 2LP gatefold, but still super sweet. 

I hear that dude. I listened to my grey copy again (not opening the tour peach cuz I'm a record collector scum) and gotta admit that it sound pretty damn awesome. My prior statement about the mixing and remastering and whatever, were a bit off-base. It's pretty damn good sound. Compared to the OG copies I spun to compare, there's a difference. This new reissue sounds clearer and more pronounced. 

I hear that dude. I listened to my grey copy again (not opening the tour peach cuz I'm a record collector scum) and gotta admit that it sound pretty damn awesome. My prior statement about the mixing and remastering and whatever, were a bit off-base. It's pretty damn good sound. Compared to the OG copies I spun to compare, there's a difference. This new reissue sounds clearer and more pronounced.

I know this is an upopular choice around these parts but when I get my hands in a Peach, it will be spun a few times before going in a custom frame with my ticket and VIP lanyard. It was my second Coheed show and my brother's first (as well as his first crowd surf) so I want to treat it as so.

I usually steer clear of any "discussions" of framing records or getting them signed or any of that b.s. At the end of day, it's your record and piece of music, do what you want with it. If want to frame it up b/c it has some meaning, as you expressed it does Will, then more power to you dude. I'd do the same if it meant like that to me.

I do at times take issue w/ people who claim to be lovers of music and vinyl who never spin their records or get them solely for the "investment value" side of things. And that's a whole another discussion. 

Got Big Black in today from Popmarket. Goddamn, their mailers are awesome! I may have to start buying more stuff from them so I have awesome boxes to ship out records.

Riding Easy has killer mailers too (they'd better with their shipping prices.). I just packaged something up, reusing one of theirs and nothing moves an inch in that baby.