OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

I seriously doubt C&C is hurting for $$ enough to warrant this price tag. Other bands/labels seem to be doing just fine charging $25-30 for their domestic 2x releases. I just personally think charging $40 is taking advantage of the fans who have been waiting years for this release. That being said, it's your money so do what you please with it.  I'm glad fans like you are finally seeing the rumors come to fruition. 

How did we start assuming the band themselves set the price for these? Maybe I missed it, but is it not possible the label or whoever owns the license set the price?

How did we start assuming the band themselves set the price for these? Maybe I missed it, but is it not possible the label or whoever owns the license set the price?

you've all chosen the price by pre-ordering $60 amazon listings of the record and buying/selling $400 copies of the original pressing. the market dictates the price. econ 101.

I find it super strange how super fans get defensive when people bring up legitimate criticisms. 

there's no reason a double LP pressed in these kinds of numbers should ever be over $25. 

People can defend the band and try to shut up disappointed fans all they want, but the simple fact remains...

Whatever amount of profit is being made from these, could be made from increasing the quantity manufactured and decreasing the price. 

Me too, I knew I'd never pay the eBay prices, so I was hoping they'd repress it like SSTB. I grabbed the grey one just to be safe, though I'd probably prefer the retail variant, though I may buy both, or all 3. Who knows. I just make poor decisions.

I find it super strange how super fans get defensive when people bring up legitimate criticisms. 

there's no reason a double LP pressed in these kinds of numbers should ever be over $25. 

People can defend the band and try to shut up disappointed fans all they want, but the simple fact remains...

Whatever amount of profit is being made from these, could be made from increasing the quantity manufactured and decreasing the price. 

I agree, the price is more than I was hoping for, I was figuring $30 at most for this, but I do want to own it, so I'll eat the extra and deal with it. As others have said, I hope the retail variant gets a big run, like the Afterman albums, I still see them in stores by me, but I'm not being hopeful.