OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

I still have my amazon.ca order that came out to $40 CAD... Really thought about cancelling it since I assume it's the black and I don't need a black, a grey and a peach. That's pretty cheap though.

It's official. The Amazon pre-order will be the "My Father's Blood-Machine" variant which is red-splattered on gun-metal grey.

I just want the record at the cheapest place I can get it. Sorry that was too much to ask for. 

Is the Coheed website the cheapest place to get this? Is the 180 gram version the one that is on Amazon for $60?

Read their website. All of the answers to your questions are right there on the main page.

No I wouldn't buy a bootleg.

i would. $40 is straight bullshit.

The only time i've ever paid that was for a MoFi release, because they honestly are some of the best sounding records I've ever heard. So unless this is pushing that kinda quality, nahhh. 

Edit: just noticed your double negative. So, glad we are on the same page.

You are right, and I do not doubt that in the least. I'm not saying they aren't making a pretty penny off of us, but fuck man, it's their jobs. Plus with Sony scraping it's profits off of the top, they probably aren't making enough to bat an eye at. So let's all not be negative fuckin' nancies and be happy that a REALLY GOOD rare record has been repressed.

I seriously doubt C&C is hurting for $$ enough to warrant this price tag. Other bands/labels seem to be doing just fine charging $25-30 for their domestic 2x releases. I just personally think charging $40 is taking advantage of the fans who have been waiting years for this release. That being said, it's your money so do what you please with it.  I'm glad fans like you are finally seeing the rumors come to fruition. 

I seriously doubt C&C is hurting for $$ enough to warrant this price tag. Other bands/labels seem to be doing just fine charging $25-30 for their domestic 2x releases. I just personally think charging $40 is taking advantage of the fans who have been waiting years for this release. That being said, it's your money so do what you please with it.  I'm glad fans like you are finally seeing the rumors come to fruition. 

I'm glad it's repressed too, but i'm not surprised by the price at all. I'll say what I said before, I completely understand why someone shudders at $40 for an album. I get it, god do I wish it didn't hurt me to pay that much for one record. However, I will blindly pay it because I am a sheep. I don't even care. :) See, I'm smiling. This is the same band who charges $25 for a tee shirt online, but sells the same ones for $15 at Comic Con. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of their industry and how costs are established, but I just don't feel ripped off enough to complain. i think that's why I jumped on the defense. Again I'm a sheep. it's like when a Christian gets mad at an athiest for being an atheist and then tries to talk em out of it. (I'm the Christian in the scenario) Sorry if I sounded like a dick, but in all honesty I really can be.

pretty sure only the black is 180G,but it could just be some error. Whoever designed it literally used the "word" Audiofile...

Didn't you hear? It's going to be a record with no music pressed onto it with a pretty little 2x4" Xerox sheet that has a code for the digital download.