I still don't think all hope is gone.  There's been too much talk of this repress to assume it will never happen.  And anyone who's collected vinyl for any respectable amount of time will tell you that if an album is in demand, a repress is inevitable.

But the 30-some dude who's getting off by owning OG Modest Mouse vinyl has all my lols.  Quality thread entertainment.

ridiculing the Circa Survive generation about not buckling down and buying OG copies of things is what my VC Board time is all about. 

Glad you've got your priorities in line while also practicing sweeping generalizations and pigeonholing, though.  Sorry you hate your day job.

love my job and you and i both know 95% of this board likes buying multiple splattered versions of the same goddamn horrible record... 

love my job and you and i both know 95% of this board likes buying multiple splattered versions of the same goddamn horrible record...

95% is a bit of an exaggeration, but your point is legitimate. You needn't look further than the Blink-182 thread to see it. But if you've been around the board for a bit, you pick up on which members have no interest in that... and the majority of people posting in this thread fall under that camp. We want classic Modest Mouse albums at a reasonable price. No splatters or gimmicks necessary.

95% is a bit of an exaggeration, but your point is legitimate. You needn't look further than the Blink-182 thread to see it. But if you've been around the board for a bit, you pick up on which members have no interest in that... and the majority of people posting in this thread fall under that camp. We want classic Modest Mouse albums at a reasonable price. No splatters or gimmicks necessary.

definitely true. id still say the percentage is really high though...