PO: PEARL JAM BELLINGHAM 5/10/2000 VAULT SHOW #4 3XLP 10C only

apirk

oh thats cool they actually gave out a breakdown of what was being offered.

Yep. And people are still bitching and moaning and threatening to quit 10c because the world did indeed end when they didn't get what they wanted. Of course there was going to be server problems and of course there will be many people who will get mystery records that they don't want. I just think it was so cool for the club to even give us a small chance at getting something amazing. I mean OG copies of Ten just sitting around? And that Benaroya Hall goes for about $1,000. I'm thankful I got a shot, let alone being able to actually get one.

Yep. And people are still bitching and moaning and threatening to quit 10c because the world did indeed end when they didn't get what they wanted.

I've only been a 10c member for about a year and the forum members there are insane as we all know. But honestly 10c doesn't help themselves by sending emails like this to people who ahd their cards charged and were locked out of reordering when they reposted more copies an hour after the initial sellout.

"Hi,

You received an order confirmation screen in error.

Thanks

10c"

I know people say "they don't have to sell anything" etc etc but if they are going to they could at least admit when they fuck up on their end. And people not getting through isn't their fault at all. But appearing to have legit orders processed to the point of locking people out and then taking them away and responding how they did is obnoxious. If they'd just throw a meaningless "sorry for the inconvenience" in that email it would go a long long way. Because that is really all they owe anybody.

I was one of the folks who got an Order Confirmation and credit card charge, yet no Order number or order history, and I'll assume no records (no one has responded or communicated about it in any way). I'm not going to be a baby about not getting the records, as you said, you win some and you lose some. However, it's definitely another ember on the fire of my opinion of Ten Club that this crap continues to happen. Just spend the money that we all know you have and upgrade your system to where it can handle all of the crazy fans that want to throw their money at you without this kind of stuff happening. I'm sure the band is completely detached from how this thing is run and what the fan experience is like, but I'd love nothing more than to read that they cleaned house with whoever runs it and got a fresh approach.

And while I will agree that the sense of entitlement there is ridiculous I found it equally or more ludicrous that many seem to feel Ten Club doesn't deserve the criticism they receive. Why would anyone be cool with being charged for something they didn't get and be shut out of even trying for it when other people got through later? It's not the end of the world, but it's not NOT bullshit either. 

I was one of the folks who got an Order Confirmation and credit card charge, yet no Order number or order history, and I'll assume no records (no one has responded or communicated about it in any way). I'm not going to be a baby about not getting the records, as you said, you win some and you lose some. However, it's definitely another ember on the fire of my opinion of Ten Club that this crap continues to happen. Just spend the money that we all know you have and upgrade your system to where it can handle all of the crazy fans that want to throw their money at you without this kind of stuff happening. I'm sure the band is completely detached from how this thing is run and what the fan experience is like, but I'd love nothing more than to read that they cleaned house with whoever runs it and got a fresh approach.

And while I will agree that the sense of entitlement there is ridiculous I found it equally or more ludicrous that many seem to feel Ten Club doesn't deserve the criticism they receive. Why would anyone be cool with being charged for something they didn't get and be shut out of even trying for it when other people got through later? It's not the end of the world, but it's not NOT bullshit either.

I'm not saying it's BS, but no one ever seems to make peace with it over there. It's fine to complain, but a lot of people there just never drop it. You don't see this kind of relentlessness over on the MetClub forums

I've been in the 10 club for awhile and it always amazes me how people act over there. I Realized awhile ago you have to take the you win some you lose some attitude with all 10c exclusive items. You'd think the people who have been members for decades would realize this but they don't. I've gotten cool shit and missed out on cool shit, I've gotten front row tickets, I've gotten pretty mediocre tickets where I probably would have been better off going through ticketmaster. It is like there is a competition on who is the biggest PJ fan and the only way to win is to buy the most stuff.

I've been in the 10 club for awhile and it always amazes me how people act over there. I Realized awhile ago you have to take the you win some you lose some attitude with all 10c exclusive items. You'd think the people who have been members for decades would realize this but they don't. I've gotten cool shit and missed out on cool shit, I've gotten front row tickets, I've gotten pretty mediocre tickets where I probably would have been better off going through ticketmaster. It is like there is a competition on who is the biggest PJ fan and the only way to win is to buy the most stuff.

Yeah same here. I now just check to see if Santos has posted anything instead or posting there. I used it a lot in the past but rarely anymore. I made some great trades there and was lucky to never get burned. This was before the A+ traders list was abandoned.

The general feeling there is that everyone deserves to have everything. See also the ridiculous "please 10 club repress Benaroya Hall vinyl". That thread is topped every fucking day. That and if any is released to the public, it's assumed that the band will put it out on colored vinyl and they will get first crack at it.

I'm a member for the tickets. I've gotten a few things they've released, but don't care when I miss.

I'll say it again, they are the most entitled assholes I've ever seen.

As someone who once owned Yield... It's nothing special. Average sound, thin vinyl, just the diecut cover and printed sleeve.

I suspect it's getting reissued this year and that version should (hopefully) trump the OP.

what makes you say that? I'm just wondering, ready to pull the trigger on an OP next time I have the cash. It's defiantly my favorite album from them.

would that be a 10C thing?

The re-issues of Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy were not 10C exclusives, so there's no reason to believe other reissues will be. Lots of people got excited when they played No Code and Yield in their entirety at two shows last year, but to be honest, there's no other indication that reissues are coming out this year, next year, the year after that, etc...

what makes you say that? I'm just wondering, ready to pull the trigger on an OP next time I have the cash. It's defiantly my favorite album from them.

It's just a gut feeling. Most people assumed that the reissue of Ten (on vinyl, CD, super deluxe, etc) was the first round of a big reissue campaign. And then Vs. & Vitalogy were Round 2. And then, of course, playing No Code and Yield in their entirety.

There's no solid proof... But PJ aren't touring now. They're not recording. No new album on the horizon. 2015 would be the perfect time to start the reissue campaign up again. (And you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I didn't think my OP of Yield was worth holding onto considering the stupid money it goes for now... I sold it last year assuming I'll be able to buy a reissue eventually.)

I dunno, it's like paying $300 for Wildflowers by Tom Petty. There's nothing definite for a reissue, but the rumblings have been going on for a while, and I'm guessing an official reissue of that is coming this year. No Code and Yield feel like the same thing to me.

Yeah, next year for the 20th. There will be a super deluxe version exclusive to 10c, and then popmarket will put it up after a month or two.

A buddy and I tried for 40 minutes to get the mystery box, texting each other the whole time. Blank loading screens, constantly getting kicked out, mass hysteria. In the end, he got one and it sold out as soon as I entered CC info. So it goes. At least 10c gave us a time in the future something cool would be up, and not send the email 6 hours after it sold out.