(PO Soon?) mewithoutYou - Catch For Us The Foxes

my fav of theirs, when i saw them live recently they pulled out quite a bit from this album, was a surprisingly good show.

Was it the Catch For Us The Foxes 10th anniversary tour? I would imagine they would quite a bit from that album.

That was an amazing tour though, I've seen these guys more times than I can remember and they never disappoint.

I doubt the earliest presses of this were 180g. People are absolutely stupid concerned with that detail these days like it even matters. Oh well. I'm the asshole who needs to have every record I possibly can on the black variant if it exists so who am I to judge? Either way. I'm pretty certain the blue wasn't that heavy. I own a black original press and its pretty standard weight (which I also prefer over heavy weight). I owned a pink copy for a while and it was pretty thin as well. I really liked the weight of it actually. I also have a translucent dark red 180g press from 2010. It looks really cool and sounds damn good.

Just checked mine out too, yeah def standard weight.

I doubt the earliest presses of this were 180g. People are absolutely stupid concerned with that detail these days like it even matters. Oh well. I'm the asshole who needs to have every record I possibly can on the black variant if it exists so who am I to judge? Either way. I'm pretty certain the blue wasn't that heavy. I own a black original press and its pretty standard weight (which I also prefer over heavy weight). I owned a pink copy for a while and it was pretty thin as well. I really liked the weight of it actually. I also have a translucent dark red 180g press from 2010. It looks really cool and sounds damn good.

I get what you're saying, but it does matter a little bit. Not that it sounds better, but it more durable.  Once the record is in my hands and I see it's not warped I could really give a shit if it's 180g or not, but usually knowing it's 180g helps me sleep a little better ordering records knowing there less likely a chance for it to be warped.

Now if you want to get on the "stop looking at the tonearm, warped records are fine" discussion, check out the Whirr thread.

I would love to get a nice black copy of [A]--> LIfe. It would have been cool if they would have a done a similar repress for it's anniversary. This thing looks nice though. I wonder how much it will cost.

in the facebook comments they mention plans to repress  [A]--> LIfe

Just checked mine out too, yeah def standard weight.

I get what you're saying, but it does matter a little bit. Not that it sounds better, but it more durable.  Once the record is in my hands and I see it's not warped I could really give a shit if it's 180g or not, but usually knowing it's 180g helps me sleep a little better ordering records knowing there less likely a chance for it to be warped.

Now if you want to get on the "stop looking at the tonearm, warped records are fine" discussion, check out the Whirr thread.

My Russian Circles - Geneva on clear is one of the visibly thickest records I have and was advertised as 180g. I've never weighed it but I can tell its super thick. It is one of the only records I have that has a significant warp (moving the needle up and down). This warp does not affect play but its there. Now if we're talking about records whose grooves are "off center" and the tone arm wobbles side to side, the pitch fluctuation is immediately noticeable and it drives me fucking bonkers. I'm pretty sure I have a few standard thin weight records with this problem and a few 180 or generally heavy weight records with this problem. I'm quite certain the weight of the record does not have much of a bearing on these issues. The more I see people questioning whether some press is supposed to be 180g or if it lives up to that tag it just feels like a bunch of sheep baa'ing the words "Is it 180g??? Did anybody weight it?? I don't think its 180g! baaaa! baaa!" It just feels like a grand scale duping.

After about 5 or 6 years of heavy record accumulation I just find that the whole thing is just a gimmick that is used to justify a lot of overpricing. That's just me though. No offense to anyone who loves the heavy weight pressing but if it were found to be useless to increase the weight it would be nice if we were conserving vinyl by pressing thinner on the whole. Again, I go out of my way to get records on black vinyl if its available that way because I find it aesthetically pleasing to play records with modern music on the most classic color for LP's. That's just the way it is imprinted on my mind. I realize there has pretty much always been multiple different colors of vinyl.

in the facebook comments they mention plans to repress  [A]--> LIfe

Nice! I really would like a thinner original press but I'll be on the lookout for that one.

And I like thinner records for the same reason. I like the way they feel in my hands better and the way they look on the turntable as well. Like when you hear a really heavy sound coming from a really thin record. Just feels more magical or something stupid like that. I'm weird.

Hey, people who like this should check out Hotel Books - I'm Almost Happy Here, but I Never Feel at Home. It's a great album and just came out in August.

Does the lead singer float down rivers on drift wood, eat garbage, and flail around stage like a toddler on bath salts? Because, if not, GTFO. MWY4LIFE.