iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

I love the resale value too.

This is a big part of why I eventually settled with iPhone. Used to be a HUGE Android guy, constantly trading and buying and reselling phones on Craigs List desperately trying to keep up with the curve. It was such a load off my shoulders to buy the iPhone and be able to sell it for only 50 bucks less than I paid for it a whole year later.

Even though the iPhone is getting less and less innovative every year, the features that it does introduce just work.

Apple Pay is great and I'm happy Apple is introducing that payment system because I truly believe they're the only company that can. But it will take a while to become the norm. And in the meantime, asking a cashier if they have Apple Pay and then trying to explain it to them is just as cumbersome as pulling out a credit card and swiping. Unless you eat exclusively at McDonalds and Subway, lol.

So all in all I won't be getting the iPhone 6. I don't need the beefed up specs because my iPhone runs smoothly enough as it is to accomplish everything I need it to, and I actually prefer the 5S screen size anyway.

No. I've developed for the Android platform and the OS still doesn't even run native. It requires multiple layers of emulation which is why almost every Android device seems glitchy. I still haven't seen an Android device that has scrolling or animation as smooth as an iPhone.

Being first to market is not nearly as important as being the best on the market. 

Why is no one talking about Apple Pay? GAME CHANGER.

Thank you.  This confirms what I've felt.  It seems like my phone is working so hard just by staying idle.  I have an app killer running constantly just to keep RAM usage below 60%.

So all in all I won't be getting the iPhone 6. I don't need the beefed up specs because my iPhone runs smoothly enough as it is to accomplish everything I need it to, and I actually prefer the 5S screen size anyway.

I don't know why anyone would want a much bigger phone anyway. Do I need to start carrying a purse? No, thanks.

As far as Apple pay and stuff like that, with the way shit gets hacked nowadays, why would I want to put all my info/money on my phone/the internet/cloud.

I'm the same way as dreamover. I've been an avid Apple user since the iphone 4 and I love it all. My ipad mini is the best electronic in my house. Everything runs faster and smoother on an iphone. I had an htc phone and hated it because it was so darn slow and not to mention it was built with what seems to be really cheap materials. At least I know that when I buy from apple the materials are nice sleek and don't feel so cheap. They are atheistically pleasing and they run great. The only problem I've ever had with an iphone was my screen cracking so easily. Apart from that, Apple is top dog in my book. I've I wanted something cheap and unreliable I would just get a cheap plan with a flip phone.

The only issue I have with iPhone enthusiasts is that they have to shit all over Android to justify why they like iPhone so much, if you like simple devices then use iPhone. It's the most user friendly OS you can get on a mobile, I like full customization and tinkering with my devices and I'll never get thay from iOS. It's silly to trash the entire Android OS just because you had a bad experience on one device. Let's not act like Apple only makes super high end devices, you can get the plastic 5c for a firm handshake right now.

I don't know why anyone would want a much bigger phone anyway. Do I need to start carrying a purse? No, thanks.

As far as Apple pay and stuff like that, with the way shit gets hacked nowadays, why would I want to put all my info/money on my phone/the internet/cloud.

Well it's apparently super secure. We'll see if that claim holds up. But think about it, if your wallet gets stolen you have to cancel all your cards. If your phone gets stolen they have to cut off your fingerprint or know your code to use it. I just like the idea of eventually never having to carry a wallet.

Well it's apparently super secure. We'll see if that claim holds up. But think about it, if your wallet gets stolen you have to cancel all your cards. If your phone gets stolen they have to cut off your fingerprint or know your code to use it. I just like the idea of eventually never having to carry a wallet.

I'm just kind of old fashioned, I guess. I'd rather have a smaller phone that can do 4 things:

Make a phone call.

Text.

Navigate.

Browse the internet.

I don't mind carrying a wallet.

Technology is terrifying.

Well, I for one would've been impressed with the iPhone 6 if it was 2010. There's really nothing special about these phones that their competition hasn't been already doing for a couple years at least. My OnePlus One basically stomps this phone and we're talking about products that haven't even been released yet. Hardly impressive. I fear Apple's days of truly being innovative and leading the pack are over.

559428e86cb30235fefd83c5598ab913.jpg

I'll put it this way. Video game lingo. Assassin's Creed (Apple) is a strong franchise that comes out every year with a new game and pretty much the same game play with maybe two or three new wrinkles. But when ever a new game comes out with a new unheard of feature (Samsung) it gets heralded as the future of gaming but most times the feature is either gimmicky or isn't well executed, like TitanFall.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel every time you release a phone but all that I'm asking is to improve upon what you've already built. I'm not looking for my phone to levitate to me from across the room lol

I'm still on a 4s and I'm more than ready to get a new phone.  I really hate the trend of bigger screens.  I honestly like a 3.5" screen quite a bit.  I'm going to see how a 6 feels in my hands and if I think it's too big, I'll probably just buy a 5s.  Does anyone else think the 6 looks a lot like the 3s?  I really liked the flat back of the 4-5s and I'm bummed to see them going back to the rounded back.

Well explain it then. I'm only interested in offline payments, not online payments. I've been paying for my purchases using Google Wallet for years by swiping my phone over the kiosk. Same thing. Apple unified offline and online payments better. If anything now that Apple is doing it, Google Wallet might take off more.

You connect a checking account to Google Wallet and have to fill it with money yeah? Apple is actually partnered with the banks as well as retailers. You add your cards to the phone so it's like using your phone instead of a credit/debit card. No annoying in-between money limbo. That's something that has always bugged me about PayPal too.

But you're right. Now that someone has achieved this, it's a forgone conclusion that all other devices will have it soon. It's definitely the direction that payment tech is going.

People worried about security: none of the purchase or payment info is stored "in the cloud." It's all on your phone the same way your credit cards are stored in your wallet. Well. Not the SAME way. But you get the picture.

Android phones are fucking trash. I've had this same bullshit Samsung Fascinate piece of shit for like five years, and it hasn't worked correctly since about 2011. 

I think I'm going to upgrade to the iPhone 5S, or the 6 if they'll let me after all my suffering with this fucking phone. Gotta say I don't like how the 6 looks at all, though. 

Android phones are fucking trash. I've had this same bullshit Samsung Fascinate piece of shit for like five years, and it hasn't worked correctly since about 2011.

I think I'm going to upgrade to the iPhone 5S, or the 6 if they'll let me after all my suffering with this fucking phone. Gotta say I don't like how the 6 looks at all, though.

There it is.

I for one am glad there are two major competitors (at least - Windows Phone didn't necessarily take-off which is a shame), that means both will consistently try to innovate the technological field and we the consumers can only benefit.

3-D Emojis you guys!

why no thanks?

I use Bluetooth in my car and for speakers around the house. It would be nice to be able to use them with my big iPod without having to use a cord.

iTunes is the worst buggish nightmare of a program I've ever tried in my entire life. And they kept making it worse and worse over the last 10 years. Having to use that thing with bluetooth makes my head ache.

They could have just added a wifi option to manage files and playback like every other non-Apple device out there but NO you need to use iTunes. Or maybe even cut/paste back on forth for mp3 from computer to iPod but NO you need to use iTunes and there's no way in hell you are copying files FROM the iPod.

I'll admit that older versions of iTunes were easier on the eyes - or at least modifiable to be easier on the eyes - but in the past 10 years I don't think I've had iTunes crash, tamper with files, lag, or otherwise act fishy. I understand that it can't function at 100% for everyone ever, but it still blows my mind when the rare user insists that it's a horrible, buggy, worthless app. I've used a few music managers in my day, but iTunes has always taken the cake. Maybe I've just had a lucky streak with it.

Oh so you're comparing a run of the mill $200 phone with top tier devices that cost 4 times that much?

Not Samsung SII, not and SIII, a Samsung S from over 4 years ago  :lol:

You know what, my brand new Range Rover Discovery shits all over your over your mama Toyota Yaris!  ^_^

I'll admit that older versions of iTunes were easier on the eyes - or at least modifiable to be easier on the eyes - but in the past 10 years I don't think I've had iTunes crash, tamper with files, lag, or otherwise act fishy. I understand that it can't function at 100% for everyone ever, but it still blows my mind when the rare user insists that it's a horrible, buggy, worthless app. I've used a few music managers in my day, but iTunes has always taken the cake. Maybe I've just had a lucky streak with it.

The main point is that is just unnecessary to use and constantly upgrade a software to do stuff that just can be done without ANY SOFTWARE with any other phone, mp3 player or tablet.

The main plus that all my friends reported after rooting their iPhone invariably was NO MORE ITUNES!

While I still reckong that iPods are the best players out there I mostly stopped using them because of that.

Oh so you're comparing a run of the mill $200 phone with top tier devices that cost 4 times that much?

Not Samsung SII, not and SIII, a Samsung S from over 4 years ago  :lol:

You know what, my brand new Range Rover Discovery shits all over your over your mama Toyota Yaris!  ^_^

That's a fair point, but all my friends with newer Android phones have had their own hosts of problems to deal with. Sure, not as bad as mine - but that's a different problem in itself. Support for older Android phones is pretty much nonexistent. 

That's a fair point, but all my friends with newer Android phones have had their own hosts of problems to deal with. Sure, not as bad as mine - but that's a different problem in itself. Support for older Android phones is pretty much nonexistent. 

That's for sure. Fragmentation of the Android market is crazy and basically impossible to deal with.

But still as I reckon your Samsung S probably is unusable by now, my gf iPhone 4 is almost the same and has been like that for a full year. She never wanted to reset it and just kept doing most upgrades. She also had to buy an OS upgrade for her MacBook to keep synch stuff between the two.

Every rose has its thorns.

Verizon is giving anyone who upgrades from a previous iPhone to the 6 for free

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/09/technology/mobile/verizon-iphone-6/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Lemme get this straight- I can get a 200 dollar gift card for my iPhone 5S instead of selling it on Craigs List for $400 in cash? Count me in!

I'll put it this way. Video game lingo. Assassin's Creed (Apple) is a strong franchise that comes out every year with a new game and pretty much the same game play with maybe two or three new wrinkles. But when ever a new game comes out with a new unheard of feature (Samsung) it gets heralded as the future of gaming but most times the feature is either gimmicky or isn't well executed, like TitanFall.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel every time you release a phone but all that I'm asking is to improve upon what you've already built. I'm not looking for my phone to levitate to me from across the room lol

If you're using AC as an example you're missing the fact that the 6th one was a turd. No matter how polished it is, It's a turd. In short, the 6 will be a polished turd.

This is for AT&T but is anyone noticing that if you want to upgrade with a 2 year contract (on the mobile share plan), your bill will increase by $25/month? You no longer receive the discount on the $40/smartphone charge. They're trying to get you to do their AT&T Next monthly installment thing instead of the 2 year contract. Either way you're going to be paying the full retail price of the phone in the end. Such a joke. Not sure about the other providers.