PO: Eohippus "Getting Your Hair Wet With Pee" Hair Filled/Piss Soaked Vinyl

“Getting Your Hair Wet With Pee” is an anthem so majestic, it makes the Star-Spangled Banner sound like a dog vomiting in comparison.

Vocals soaring higher than a mountain top, guitars ringing truer than freedom itself.

This is a song convicted of love and trust.

Eohippus, Velocity of Sound’s most mysterious band has dropped a nugget of musical genius so profound that we had to give it the royal treatment.

We are proud to announce the world’s first hair filled, piss soaked vinyl.

Strictly limited to 100 copies, this single-sided 7” comes in your choice of black or red inked hand stamped cover art.

MP3 codes are package with the single.

Please note that this unique item lends itself to surface noise and no two singles look alike."

http://www.velocityofsound.com/product/eohippus-getting-your-hair-wet-with-pee-vos010

hairsingle.png

Haters hating again....great label.  I have all their releases and bought this as soon as it went up too.

I think it's kind of interesting. I mean, even if someone thinks it's gimmicky, they should give the music a chance - it's not like if something is gimmicky it has to be bad.

And it's not like they're price gouging or anything.

even if someone thinks it's gimmicky, they should give the music a chance -

The problem is that it's so gimmicky that you can't play it without risking it sounding like shit in the medium it's designed to be played in, thus negating the ability to give the music a chance.

Also, +1 for hair raising.

In regards to the record sounding like "shit," this really isn't too different from the Liars record that came out on RSD. I'm sure it's the same concept. As for the music, it's from the same label to put out Epic Ditch and The Lees of Memory. Also, a blog described the music as Beefheart-esque psych, which sounds very appealing.