The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

Tickets for the opening night party at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) go on sale after the trailer premiere, too.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/10/star-wars-the-force-awakens-opening-night-event-planned-for-disney-springs-amc-theatres-in-florida/

It doesn't say on the page, but this morning the local news said tickets start at $95.

EDIT - They link to an FAQ page which says "Ticket prices reflect a variety of format options for the movie, including 2D ($94.99), 3D ($98.99) and 3D ETX ($99.99)."

I like Star Wars just plenty, but I can't imagine going to a marathon of this length:

4:00am Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

6:30am Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

9:05am Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

11:40am Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

2:00pm Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

4:20pm Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

7:00p Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Of course the tickets to this at my local theater sold out already. For $50 a pretty good deal.

Anybody know the exact time these will go on sale? Just whatever time they decide to air the trailer? I don't have TV so can't even watch Monday Night Football.

On average, the MNF game goes to halftime around 9:45-10:00 EST. Tickets are supposed to go on sale right after the trailer but check your theater's website just in case they decide to put them up early.

Are there seriously that many people who are getting their panties in a twist over the fact that the new movie has a very multi-cultural cast and characters?!?!

Only morons who missed any of the many points of the Star Wars movies are the ones who support that whole #BoycottStarWarsVII trending bullshit.

Are there seriously that many people who are getting their panties in a twist over the fact that the new movie has a very multi-cultural cast and characters?!?!

Only morons who missed any of the many points of the Star Wars movies are the ones who support that whole #BoycottStarWarsVII trending bullshit.

"I'm tired of all these aliens comin' 'round here and stealin' all our human jobs! Go back to yer planet, ya buncha goobledygorps!"

BLACK PEOPLE IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE HOW DARE YOU. Okay but really a lot of those tweets are such trolls. Although I don't doubt that there really are people who are serious. But I think somebody should let them know the deep dark secret...James Earl Jones is Darth Vader....

Jones was really only a voice, a "better" example would be Samuel L. Jackson (as Mace Windu) in the prequel trilogy.

BLACK PEOPLE IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE HOW DARE YOU. Okay but really a lot of those tweets are such trolls. Although I don't doubt that there really are people who are serious. But I think somebody should let them know the deep dark secret...James Earl Jones is Darth Vader....

Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy.