The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

When Beta Max makes a comeback I'm covered there.

Didn't they release them on DVD like 2004ish?

2006 there was a bonus disc that came with some of the dvds, but they were suuuuper low quality. These are all remastered and they did some craaaaaazy stuff to make them look nice (from what I've gathered) I can't torrent in my apartment :/

Are there seriously that many people who are getting their panties in a twist over the fact that the new movie has a very multi-cultural cast and characters?!?!

Only morons who missed any of the many points of the Star Wars movies are the ones who support that whole #BoycottStarWarsVII trending bullshit.

I noticed this when the first trailer dropped, I couldn't believe some of the comments and how many people got on board with it. I can't wait to see their reaction if Luke takes Finn as his padawan at the end of the movie.

Decided to skip the marathon and just watch them at home and eat my own food.  But bought tickets for both Thur & Fri night showings.  Pumped!  Now to avoid the thread to stay away from spoilers / trailers / pictures of Jar-Jar.

Good point about spoilers.

Can we please use the spoiler box and give a warning if anyone is posting spoilers?

Speculation is one thing, but if you know whats gonna happen please warn a brother.

Site was down for my favorite theater (reclining sofa seats, great food, flavored popcorn, choose your own syrup soda machines) all last night despite my refreshes. They must have put the tickets up this morning and I checked on a whim. Tickets for Friday the 18th at 10pm two rows from the back right in the middle. So stoked!

Edit: Word must have gotten out that these tickets were released. The site is totally bogged down and broken now 20 minutes later. The force was with me this morning.

For those of us planning on watching the older films before seeing the new one:

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

I'm definitely going to watch them 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 next time I watch. Although I don't agree with the whole "1 is useless just pretend it doesn't exist." For anyone looking for some extra reading http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/it may change your opinion on the prequels. The script and CGI were terrible, but the story they told was pretty well developed and connected to the original trilogy.

100% agree on the despecialized editions.

I'm definitely going to watch them 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 next time I watch. Although I don't agree with the whole "1 is useless just pretend it doesn't exist." For anyone looking for some extra reading http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/it may change your opinion on the prequels. The script and CGI were terrible, but the story they told was pretty well developed and connected to the original trilogy.

100% agree on the despecialized editions.

Seriously. I'm gonna try machete order too. That ring theory thing is nutsssssss. Was it you that posted it last time?