The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

They hugged when they first encountered each other earlier in the movie, didn't they?

but that was before Han died. afte he died they didn't even acknowledge each other which was super weird. They just walked right passed each other like one of the most tragic things to happen to both of them didn't just happen. Didn't seem right at all.

tag the title with "contains spoilers" and have at it. it's not like a tv show that people follow week to week and may or may not be caught up on. you've either seen it or you haven't. and if you haven't, you really shouldn't be visiting star wars TFA threads if you're trying to avoid spoilers...

Seriously, if you are in here and don't want spoilers you are doing it wrong. I stopped coming in here like 3 weeks out just to make sure some ding dong didn't read some rumor and post it here.

Seriously, if you are in here and don't want spoilers you are doing it wrong. I stopped coming in here like 3 weeks out just to make sure some ding dong didn't read some rumor and post it here.

yep!  I say everything is fair game now.  its been a week.

that said...

Chewie dying was the worst

Oh, and stay away from any other social media sites even mentioning the movie.  People have been writing spoilers in the comments just for shits and giggles (read: to be an asshole).

So what is everyone's favorite official pressing of the original six movies?

Mine would be the original DVD releases of EP I - III and the 2008 box set of EP IV-VI which included the originals and the SE.

if your favorite releases is not the De-Specialized edition then you're not s true SW fan (don't take that too seriously)

Wait, they released the originals on DVD/Bluray? I own the 2004 "special editions" boxset, and the last "new" release I've heard of was the 2011(?) "moar editz special edition" that was terrible. #hanshotfirst #hanshould'veshotfirstinTFA #hashtag

Yes. Individual movies were released in 2006 as 2 DVD sets. A box set with all three was released in 2008. They were transfers from the laser disc release. So not the best quality, but not horrible IMO.

Here's the link to EP IV with the original, this should give you an idea of what to look for. They aren't cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-IV-Limited-Edition/dp/B000FQJAIW

Incredible theory about who Rey's parents could have been: http://hellogiggles.com/theory-rey-star-wars/

Actually hope it's true

I dont buy it... she would either have to be to old or too young, the timelines dont match up.

I would also hate that... im sick of all the heredity talk. In 1-3 there were tons of jedis from all over of all races. The leader was an 800 year old frog. Im tired of people thinking everyone needs to be related. Not saying that is what youre aiming for, but thats definitely the general opinion.

The Skywalkers were literal nobodies in the order of the force for hundreds of years, would be a shame if now the force was entirely dependent on a solitary bloodline. Could sell a ton of toys for Disney i guess. But would be way too cutesy for me and i would probably have to give up my love of Star Wars if every new character was somehow related to an old one. :\

Yeah I don't buy it. She'd be a lot older.

Yup. It's too convenient for her to be Leia and Han's daughter (Rylo's twin) too. It would be too many parallels to the original trilogy, although if they're still shooting for some semblance of ring theory, I guess it fits somewhat. You'd be more looking for parallels to RotJ in that case though...(taking the shields down...death of a character at the end...a betrayal on the side of the Empire...twins...) Hrm...

I feel more acceptance (reluctantly) of the theory that Kylo is actually working for good in some twisted way. His words and actions are very vague. He says "finish what you started" to vaders helmet, and everyones first thought is "of being evil!" But, it could also be of being "the one who will restore order and balance to the force". He asked Han if he would "help him" Han agreed he would do anything for his son. And, in order for Snoke to accept Kylo into his final steps of training he had to prove he was fully dark, what better way than killing your father....

There is more info like this out there im on mobile and dont want to type it out. But this is a cool ish theory, if they did it right.

I feel more acceptance (reluctantly) of the theory that Kylo is actually working for good in some twisted way. His words and actions are very vague. He says "finish what you started" to vaders helmet, and everyones first thought is "of being evil!" But, it could also be of being "the one who will restore order and balance to the force". He asked Han if he would "help him" Han agreed he would do anything for his son. And, in order for Snoke to accept Kylo into his final steps of training he had to prove he was fully dark, what better way than killing your father....

There is more info like this out there im on mobile and dont want to type it out. But this is a cool ish theory, if they did it right.

Didn't he straight up murder all of Luke's other student's though...?