Death Cab For Cutie - Kintsugi (Out March 31st!)

Yeah I checked the wrap to make sure and I got black as well. I needed to return the CD I ordered anyway because I didn't see the vinyl came with one (sucks not having an aux port in my vehicle). They only charged me $3.95 to ship the vinyl back and when I tried to return the CD, they gave me a page that said the refund for it was processing and I didn't need to ship the item back. Crazy service, I love Amazon. 

It does on mine but that just proves to me I need a new table..or new parts

nooooo dont say that haha. i already had mine repaired for this issue so i was gonna be super mad if it was happening again. i'm glad its not just me.

i also found out from a user here that sainthood reps- headswell is pressed too fast as well

nooooo dont say that haha. i already had mine repaired for this issue so i was gonna be super mad if it was happening again. i'm glad its not just me.

i also found out from a user here that sainthood reps- headswell is pressed too fast as well

Are there more people saying this album is too fast? I see two here, but if it really is mastered too fast i don't want it. I don't have a DJ turntable where i can manually adjust the rpm

Are there any songs in particular that sound sped up?

Edit: I just finished it for the first time, on black vinyl, and didn't notice any speed issues although I'm not super familiar with the songs yet. What I did notice was that the runout groove runs over the label on a few sides.

Edit: I just finished it for the first time, on black vinyl, and didn't notice any speed issues although I'm not super familiar with the songs yet. What I did notice was that the runout groove runs over the label on a few sides.

Yeah, my runout definitely hits the label on my black copy. Incredibly annoying.

After hearing the front of the album for a while, all I've been playing is the back half and I thoroughly enjoy it. El Dorado took a few times through for me to appreciate it. Holds No Guns is currently my favorite track right now. The transitions from the front half to the back is nice, makes me stop and listen that much more cause of the vast difference.

tl;dr Great album. No Ragrets buying.

I was able to tell about 10 seconds into No Room In Frame.  I had listened to the mp3s a couple times while I was at work.  Came home and put the record on and was able to tell.

I was able to tell about 10 seconds into No Room In Frame.  I had listened to the mp3s a couple times while I was at work.  Came home and put the record on and was able to tell.

Do you think its the pressing or the turntable? I listened to No Room In Frame again and couldnt notice anything. Maybe Ill try playing the mp3 at the same time tomorrow to see

Do you think its the pressing or the turntable? I listened to No Room In Frame again and couldnt notice anything. Maybe Ill try playing the mp3 at the same time tomorrow to see

i don't know, which is why i'm asking. my tt was just repaired for a speed issue a few months back and for my other records it spins within a second or two of the mp3.

amazon.ca now has no idea when they are getting this. At first my preorder said April 7th... 

I spoke to my local record store guy yesterday to see if he was getting the coloured version but he said he can't order it yet. His supplier doesn't have it listed.

I have put a call out to the guy i know at Sunrise, he has no news on this either.