Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Has anyone else been getting errors with download cards from some of these? I got an "invalid or used" error with the Violent Femmes one and the Dave Hause code said the artist hasn't uploaded the media yet.

Can't download the Kind of Like Spitting from Bandcamp, but the code keeps working at least.

My store didn't get big dada or melanie Martinez but I got tove lo and real friends when I was my turn they were out of echosmith and twenty one pilots so I only got 2 of the 6 things I want

Okay! Not sure if I've heard of any of those titles before, but I'm glad you were able to pick at least two of them up.

The people in line for RSD are always the same handful each year and we have a good time shooting the shit.  I was just pretty much able to confirm one of them as a flipper.  Our shop got one copy of Deja and I just saw a copy of Deja on sale on ebay.  While it's not a complete lock it sure seems likely enough that it was him.

Doesn't really bother me but I know next year to not try and help him out.  The bunch of us always try and watch out for each other and will share our must gets and shout out when we find it for whoever needs it.

The people in line for RSD are always the same handful each year and we have a good time shooting the shit. I was just pretty much able to confirm one of them as a flipper. Our shop got one copy of Deja and I just saw a copy of Deja on sale on ebay. While it's not a complete lock it sure seems likely enough that it was him.

Doesn't really bother me but I know next year to not try and help him out. The bunch of us always try and watch out for each other and will share our must gets and shout out when we find it for whoever needs it.

That's really the only thing I missed about not going to rsd this morning was the handful of dudes I see twice a year and spend 6 or 7 hours talking/drinking with only to go our separate ways till the next rsd event.

The people in line for RSD are always the same handful each year and we have a good time shooting the shit.  I was just pretty much able to confirm one of them as a flipper.  Our shop got one copy of Deja and I just saw a copy of Deja on sale on ebay.  While it's not a complete lock it sure seems likely enough that it was him.

Doesn't really bother me but I know next year to not try and help him out.  The bunch of us always try and watch out for each other and will share our must gets and shout out when we find it for whoever needs it.

For this reason, if I'm not first or second, I take the vow of vagueness when it comes to telling people what I'm looking for that are ahead of (or directly behind) me. 

That's really the only thing I missed about not going to rsd this morning was the handful of dudes I see twice a year and spend 6 or 7 hours talking/drinking with only to go our separate ways till the next rsd event.

That was the main reason I went this year.  I kind of had to talk myself into really wanting some of the releases.  That Leatherface was the only one that I really wanted and even that I could have skipped.  Everything else I just talked myself into "needing".  I finally decided I had to go because it's always a good time shootin' the shit with some strangers that I actually know pretty damn well now. 

For this reason, if I'm not first or second, I take the vow of vagueness when it comes to telling people what I'm looking for that are ahead of (or directly behind) me. 

Yeah for the most part everyone is real hush hush with what they want.  We've just been doing this for a couple years and our tastes are pretty different so it works pretty well.  I'm more Punk and Rap, the next couple guys are more Phish and Grateful Dead, the next couple are more Miles Davis and some odd stuff I've never heard of and the next few are more indie rock guys.  So for us it works pretty well. 

I do almost want to buy that copy of Deja so I can see the sellers name to confirm if it is one of the earlybird crew or not.