Hot Topic Hot Cash

so I posted this a while back but I emailed customer service about this and was told the reason was a certain someone *cough lazylabrador cough* buying multiple copies of a ton of  records to resell. If you CALL or go in the store and are only being one copy of any given record they may let you use the coupon.

I bring the email with me when I go into the store. You have to have a physical coupon to use in the store. If you want me to forward the email, PM me your email address.

Could you technically buy non-vinyl with the Hot Cash, return it without a receipt for full store credit & then use that to buy vinyl? Or has that been tried & it doesn't work?

How's that any different then walking into the store with cash to buy vinyl in the first place? Hot Topic simply does not let you apply the promo to record purchases, and store credit probably wouldn't be handled and differently.

How's that any different then walking into the store with cash to buy vinyl in the first place? Hot Topic simply does not let you apply the promo to record purchases, and store credit probably wouldn't be handled and differently.

I was thinking if you buy a $60 item for $30 with the Hot Cash but then later on return it without a receipt to get a merchandise credit of $60, and then come back to the store another time or go online to buy $60 worth of vinyl for $30.

I was thinking if you buy a $60 item for $30 with the Hot Cash but then later on return it without a receipt to get a merchandise credit of $60, and then come back to the store another time or go online to buy $60 worth of vinyl for $30.

I'm pretty sure HT doesn't allow returns without a receipt.

They definitely do for store credit. At least items with a hot topic price tag on them. So it would probably work, but that's a lot of work.

- I'd like to return these.

- You got a receipt?

- Actually, no. They're a gift.

- Why are you returning these?

- They're not sharp enough.

- They're not sharp enough?

- No. Not for what we need them for. They couldn't cut cans.

- You bought them to cut cans?

- No, but in the commercial it said if I wanted to cut cans, I could. With these knives, I can't.

- It comes with a sharpener. Did you try it?

- Yeah. They're just... I don't want them. They're not sharp enough.

- Okay.