Sleep - Holy Mountain Limited Repress

Anyone else had problems with the record? Earache are shipping me a new one as the black vinyl was terrible for me. Sound cutting in and out, overly distorting in places. 

Edit: Just seen the pictures from the post above. Have to say, mine looks nothing like those, but still has the same shit sound problems. 

Man, I ordered two copies and neither are scratched up like that. Mine have some oil spill looking marks and maybe some finger smears but the one that I've played sounds awesome with no issues except some clicking during most of "Some Grass" which doesn't bother me because I don't give a shit about that "song."

Oh man. This record just might be cursed to begin with. If Sleep was getting money off this perhaps none of this would've happened.

Deliberate pressing plant sabotage. :ph34r:

Sleep fucked themselves on that deal.

The remaining pressing plants are being pushed to the limits of the capabilities and it is increasingly becoming a problem.

Seriously. I hate buying records from Europe, England specifically. They don't fuckin' make real cardboard there? I did buy a record from Yugoslavia that came wrapped in one sheet of newspaper. It actually arrived in perfect condition.

Yugoslavia hasn't existed for 25 years.

Thanks KKpedia. It was somewheres over deres across dat water stuff far far away. How do you know I didn't buy it 25 years ago?

I don't, but in a world where most people still believe that Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia still exist, it's important. Plus, even if it was from Yugoslavia, based on where it came from you could still designate it as Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia, Croatia, etc  :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Sleep fucked themselves on that deal.

The remaining pressing plants are being pushed to the limits of the capabilities and it is increasingly becoming a problem.

All of that was tongue in cheek. Realistically, I'm with you on all that.

The other possibility is that the dudes working the pressing plant are high out of their mind and can't get off their asses to cease spinning those green copies -_-