Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

I like the instrumentation, especially the piano lead and Cure-like guitar tones. The chorus is still a bit grating. I think a singer like Adams can elevate a song, which he does, but I also feel his more naturally-genuine delivery brings at the lyrical inadequacies.

I haven't listened to 1989, and the few songs I'm familiar with are the bits and pieces I've heard in public. I don't enjoy Swift's music, nor do I feel her lyrics are aimed at my demographic, but I do feel Adams will elevate these songs do an enjoyable listen.

Thanks for the link to the stream.

He doesn't own the rights to the Universal albums (Gold - Cardinalology) but yeah everything after that, plus Heartbreaker he owns the rights to. The unreleased sessions in between those albums he owns too, but probably not the tracks that went on Demolition.

Why does it stay OOP? Probably because it's all him and he'd rather use funds to make new stuff rather than old stuff.

He doesn't own the rights to the Universal albums (Gold - Cardinalology) but yeah everything after that, plus Heartbreaker he owns the rights to. The unreleased sessions in between those albums he owns too, but probably not the tracks that went on Demolition.

Why does it stay OOP? Probably because it's all him and he'd rather use funds to make new stuff rather than old stuff.

Oh, didn't realize he didn't own all his stuff (though it makes sense). I really want Pneumonia from Whiskeytown and then III/IV, Love is Hell, and Rock N Roll.

I heard the quality BLOWS AWAY the original.

But one of the songs on the original album is a "different mix."

Both are very true. The "different mix" is a different guitar solo right? But the love is hell box is wonderful and the remaster and pressing are both flawless. If the price is keeping you from buying it I can understand. But if how an album sits on your self stops you then I don't know how important sounds or pressing matters. As far as III/IV, I grabbed a copy off evilbay a few months ago for a little less than $40 and it's the colored version. So they can be found. Also SRC had Jacksonville City Nights in stock on Wed and I grabbed a copy, although I see its out of stock now. All that's useless ramble by me to say keep your eyes peeled and his stuff pops up but in today's market they disappear quick. Especially the oop stuff.

I recall him saying in an interview that he has the rights to the unreleased stuff, but not the songs that hit Demolition so in essense the albums arent full and he doesnt want to put out the albums without all the tracks, and he has moved on past those songs as they are 10+ years old.