(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

Lots of things going on in the lyrics. i hear references to the controversial Danish cartoon of Muhammad, Aaron's personal life and relationships, and the last phrase, below.

"This is not the first time G-d/'capitalized three letter word' has died"

Someone already posted the lyrics:

A borrowed fern with a cigarette burn
And a pawn shop ring in her hand
At the Idaho courts to affirm our divorce
Before the marriage began
In a celery boat singing triangle notes
To a horn from the military band
The spectre works care of pepper and dirt
Bargain ghost (gauche?) to the haunted van
We awkwardly shielded the curious eyes
Of innocent pines from the forest floor
From the frying pan of a celibate man
To the fires of the premature
Who could ask for nothing more

We're an unshrunk patch on a tear of the edge
We're an unshrunk patch on a tear of the edge
We're a campaign batch, the short-lived match
Of an unshrunk patch in the bellow's edge
On the iron lungs of our language

Have I now acquired a fern with a cigarette burn
And a basket with a note on the bedroom floor
They repaired my fence, those bastards
I can't go back home no more
Save by a roundabout way, unto each day
The sufficient misfortune thereof
With which to spend in proportion to your modest pay
While shopping around for a worth like love
With obedient trust, as a babe in the womb
And impeccably chaste as a priest in the tomb
With a deadwood map and a dynamite hat
I'll come back to Idaho soon
Harmless as a danish cartoon

This is not the first time
This is not the first time G-d has died
This is not the first time G-d has died
This is not the first time capitalized three lettered sound has died

Won't you help me get by?
Will you help me get by?
Will you help me get by?
Will you help me get by?

Gonna hold off until the digital download... Not too long to go. I like one single, but don't like destroying an entire album by knowing some songs more...

Im the same way. No need to get an uneven wear on the album.

Yup yup, I'll listen to a single once and get a feel for what the album might sound like, but I'll generally leave it at that. Really excited to hear the album.

Also I may actually go see them live next month...in my 13 years of fandom I never made it out to their shows! But I always loved the image of Aaron practically standing on his head while screaming.  :D  I'm certain his stage antics have changed in that time though.

Im the same way. No need to get an uneven wear on the album.

I can't even express how much this has mostly been my policy for anticipated releases for most of my post-Napster life but I feel like I've been a lot more lenient about it in the last few years. I already feel like I have an "uneven wear" on the new Monolord album and I'm definitely feeling the imbalance but still enjoying getting familiar with it.

I used to write whole paragraphs to describe and explain the rationale behind the "uneven wear" and now I have a two-word phrase to sum it all up. Where were you the past ten years or so that I've been having this conversation on message boards? Could have saved me a lot of time. Up-vote on that shit.

Yup yup, I'll listen to a single once and get a feel for what the album might sound like, but I'll generally leave it at that. Really excited to hear the album.

Also I may actually go see them live next month...in my 13 years of fandom I never made it out to their shows! But I always loved the image of Aaron practically standing on his head while screaming. :D I'm certain his stage antics have changed in that time though.

Their live show isn't any more tame than in the past, in my opinion. They're so rad. Definitely go see them!

Their live show isn't any more tame than in the past, in my opinion. They're so rad. Definitely go see them!

As someone who saw them tour behind A->B: Life, I can say with certainty that their live show is now more tame than in the past.  It was complete ruckus back in the day, with all members (expect their first bass player) going insanely nuts, moving and gyrating from one side of the stage to the other. 

That said, they are still really fantastic live... so I agree with encouraging others to check them out live.

As someone who saw them tour behind A->B: Life, I can say with certainty that their live show is now more tame than in the past.  It was complete ruckus back in the day, with all members (expect their first bass player) going insanely nuts, moving and gyrating from one side of the stage to the other. 

That said, they are still really fantastic live... so I agree with encouraging others to check them out live.

I saw them during AB Life as well, and it was crazy.  I think Norma Jean rubbed off on them a bit.  But it seems like their live show has remained the same since Brother, Sister.  Some shows have been more energetic than others, but they have all been good and Aaron always brings something different to each show.