[PO] Rosetta - Quintessential Ephemera

I think you are talking about clear ones, Don ;)

White ones were sold via Cavity in the first batch, clear (2nd press /100) went mostly on tour.

Yep, I think I made the same mistake another time, too -- edited post for brain dead. Thanks, Maciek.

But I know for sure I have the White and the Clear ;)

I have the red with black swirl ADOM and I'm spinning it right now.

I might put on my rainbow splatter Wake/Lift next :D Even though it's a bit warped, it still plays perfectly.

It might be my favorite-looking record of all time.

The more I listen to this, the more I think it's a masterpiece. Now it's time to dive into their previous stuff!

Every time I put it on, I truly think it is their best album.

But that might simply because of the fact that it contains the song "Untitled III" and the song "Untitled V".

Made out of nothing......

Cool. This has nothing to do with anything else in this thread. It's like you just post whatever pops into your head no matter what thread you're in.

there was a few person discussion on Cult of Luna. Would be hard to know since your first post on here is on the tenth page but yeah chill buddy. Following that dude into threads to talk shit isn't really going to benefit you much.

there was a few person discussion on Cult of Luna. Would be hard to know since your first post on here is on the tenth page but yeah chill buddy. Following that dude into threads to talk shit isn't really going to benefit you much.

Yeah...except that I didn't follow him in here, I've been reading this thread since it started and just not commenting. Good to know that I should try to remember 3 posts from 3 weeks ago for every thread. Especially when something comes up that has nothing to do with what anyone else is talking about in any recent time frame, and is just a "got it" post. Cool, cool...

I've had that album spinning in my car for the last 3-4 days. It's absolutely wonderful. Just some lilting, ethereal Rosetta bliss that builds into some tectonic peaks at the end of Soot and in Pegasus.

I kinda wish Rosetta explored the chill, swampy psychedelic side of their sound a little more thoroughly like they did on this release, ESPECIALLY now with the stuff they were able to come up with for Quintessential Ephemera with Eric in the band.

• 1 month later...

Anybody else pick up Dead-Ender's Reunion the other day?

Some SWEEEET fucking stuff is in there.

My favorite so far is definitely "Back To Where You Began" which is a quiet version of Untitled VII. So sick.

Also included in the purchase if you pay money for the release are a shit-ton of live and demo tracks, as WELL as a 5.1 DVD full mix of The Galilean Satellites, with both discs mixed together.

What a trip listening to that, with the two overtop each other. It takes that music to even higher peaks. Unreal shit.

The remixes are KILLER, and Rosetta instrumentals have always been a huge part of their appeal, and I really enjoyed the quiet alt takes.

SP808 = Armine, if any of you hadn't figured it out ;)

But yeah, there is some great stuff on the paid side of the album (obviously you're going to put the best part on the paid side).  Though personally I'll be spending more time on the free side, demos are interesting, but I rarely revisit them.

yeah, hearing that album with the backing tracks together made it a WHOLE new beast.  Unreal.  I like it better I think with the companion material.  

I still love the remixes though, they're always interesting.  And I'm always a fan of demos, hearing shit the band made in the rehearsal room or wherever, when the songs were being created.  I love that insight into a band.