Is this anything special?

Just to give you (OP) an idea of what it's worth: if I found this for cheap, I'd keep it. If I was wealthy, I'd buy it for a lot because my wife loooooooves MJ. I don't care one way or the other. "Bad" was pretty good I guess. It's really cool and unique. If your friend wants to sell it off, I'd ebay it starting at .99 and watch the dollars trickle in. Trust me it's worth a handful to a Jackson collector. I just wish I could see it in person before it disappears from the public eye.

Anybody interested in some Gary Glitter test pressings? What about some autographed Bill Cosby records?

You do know he's dead, right? There is literally no way for him to benefit from people enjoying his music. If you can't separate art from the artist you probably should just stop enjoying most media.

Michael Jackson was a weirdo who befriended kids while he was the most famous person in the world. Could he have been a child molester? Yes. Will we ever know for sure. No. Was the girl in Tiger's Jaw assaulted on stage? Yes, people saw it.

I would never say he definitely wasn't a child molester. But it's a much more complicated case. Dude lived probably the most fucked up life imaginable. As a child he was forced by an abusive parent into being in the public eye as a performer. He never had a chance to develop as a normal person. Dude died because he was addicted to fucking surgical anesthesia. That indicates an unchartable level of "not ok."

Again, none of this is an excuse or a defense. Just trying to illustrate that it's not even on the same level, any way you choose to look at it, as the TJ incident. If he molested a child I hope there's a hell I don't believe in for him to burn in. But he's dead and nothing can stop Billie Jean from being a catchy as fuck song.

Even if you only take into account the actual verified facts it's clear that the guy was at the very least a child sex offender. The guy served Jesus Juice to minors, the authorities found a large collection of photographs of minors in various states of undress at his house, his victims were able to accurately describe unique markings that appeared on the underside of his penis and buttocks... it's all pretty damning stuff, and then couple that with the numerous victims that came forward with their claims of abuse over a 20 year period, it paints a pretty clear picture of what kind of monster he truly was.

There's something really dark about how society can just discard the knowledge that he was an abuser of children and then proceed to Thriller dance at their sisters wedding. I think it's time for society to just forget this guy out of respect for victims of child abuse and rape everywhere. Instead just listen to Prince or whatever.

It looks like a reference acetate, which would be cut at the mastering studio so the producer/artist/label could request any changes to the mastering before the final lacquer was made for the pressing plant. Presumably some would get into the hands of DJs and radio people, too. Pretty awesome find there.

Hold it up to the light and look at the center label. If you see another spindle hole under the paper label, then is a acetate. Also smell it, if it smells weird, thats another clue its an acetate.

Even if you only take into account the actual verified facts it's clear that the guy was at the very least a child sex offender. The guy served Jesus Juice to minors, the authorities found a large collection of photographs of minors in various states of undress at his house, his victims were able to accurately describe unique markings that appeared on the underside of his penis and buttocks... it's all pretty damning stuff, and then couple that with the numerous victims that came forward with their claims of abuse over a 20 year period, it paints a pretty clear picture of what kind of monster he truly was.

There's something really dark about how society can just discard the knowledge that he was an abuser of children and then proceed to Thriller dance at their sisters wedding. I think it's time for society to just forget this guy out of respect for victims of child abuse and rape everywhere. Instead just listen to Prince or whatever.

John Lennon was a drug addict who beat his wife. Artists can be shitty people, but you are still allowed to enjoy their art. I assure you that you can listen to Thriller without a child molester getting money. I can also assure you that not listening to Michael Jackson does not change what may or may not have happened.

Yes let's not listen to MJ but listen to the accused domestic abuser.

Lets not go off on this subject, but it's pretty ridiculous to downplay the impact of child molestation and act like John Lennon is worse. Really? Come on. If comparing abuse - drug/spousal - molestation ... Child molestation is worse.

I forget who mentioned the Tiger's Jaw incident (so sorry other guy whose username I can't be arsed to look back at), but my point with John Lennon is if you're going to boycott a (dead) artist's work because of horrible shit they did you need to cast a wider net. The fact that you would say one is worse than the other is pretty shitty. Abuse is abuse, physical or sexual, child or adult. To say there is a heiarchy is problematic (ugh sorry). Both acts are horrendous. Would you tell a woman whose husband beats her "Well at least he's not molesting your kid!" If you're going to say "Dont enjoy the work of this artist because they allegedly did this horrible thing" you then need to boycott all artists who have allegedly done horrible things, unless you want to be a hypocrite.

Enjoying art and supporting the artist are two completely different things. If Michael Jackson were still alive I would never buy something that would directly support him. Jared Leto is an alleged rapist/abuser so I do not and will not pay to see a movie he is in. I might still watch and enjoy a movie he is in, doubtful because he sucks, but I would not support it. Art is not the artist, but you can and should be mindful of who/what you support.

First off - I'm not boycotting anyone. It is just really ridiculous to even contemplate abuse from one (adult) to another is equal to the sexual corruption of a child. What are you thinking? Of course I am not saying spousal abuse doesn't matter, but come on, you don't think child molestation is worse?

The way brucewillis feels(if many others don't care enough) I weep for the children. Pedophilia is a terrible crime and it is rampant in the world and is all in England's Parliament and even in the corrupt Catholic and Protanstant churches.

Rapists and other sexual predators should be sterilized. I'd say they should be killed but I'm not actually a fascist. I wasn't saying John Lennon was worse than MJ, just that we shouldn't excuse one horrendous act and not another.

My biggest point though is that art is not the artist.

Does every person on this board have ADD?

Jesus fucking Christ you guys.

OP, I can't help you as I have no idea what it's truly worth. If it was mine, I'd hope to get between $500-$1000 for it but obviously that's a big range. I agree with everyone else who said to put it up on eBay and see what it sells for.

It's a shitty thing to do, but you could always let an auction run its case and then cancel the transaction if you just want to know what someone would be willing to pay for it without actually selling it.

An MJ fan board may be a good place to ask too.

Good luck! Keep us updated.