PO: toe. - Hear You (Topshelf Records)

WHY CANT EVERY BAND JUST RELEASE THE SAME ALBUM FOR THE REST OF TIME

Come on now. I am all for progressing your sound. I didn't want For Long Tomorrow again. I even love the singing on their previous albums & welcome it and was fine with them venturing more into that territory. I just think it ended up sounding horrible on this album.

The first two songs released properly showcased their talents. I feel like a lot of the rest of the album is very bland, in addition to the distractions from the vocals.

No shame in liking this album. I just don't think it's one I'll listen to much.

I listened again and definitely decided I only like 3 songs from the whole album.  I ordered the 180g black which appears to be sold out on the site, so if anyone was interested in that, I can sell it to the first person who wants it at cost + added shipping once I get it.  But I am definitely cancelling my half/half PO.  

I'm truly shocked by some of your guys' feedback. To each their own, obviously, but man... I'm honestly loving this album. Such a unique direction for them to go. Very minimalistic comparatively to their previous efforts.

The overall sound-quality and production is also on point. Really stoked to spin this when it shows up forever from now!

I think it's fair to say the majority of the A-side is more classic toe (a lot of it sounds like New Sentimentality era stuff to me) and the B-side branches out a lot more. Listening to For Long Tomorrow, to The Future Is Now and then going into this, I think it's a logical progression, personally. I can also totally see how parts like that hip hop interlude could be too weird for western audiences.

Just got back from the Philly show, props to the guy wearing the Descendants shirt who yelled at my girlfriend, "I'll fuck you up bitch!" because she was snickering at him for being a complete autist. If you've never been to Philadelphia that's pretty much par for the course there.

FYI Philly isn't the only place  you'll get yelled at for snickering at peole with autism.

Next time you see a guy white guy with a neckbeard and a samurai ponytail spastically air-drumming like he's never sat behind a kit in his life you'd better not laugh.

Autism comment aside, you're all defending someone who said "I'll fuck you up, bitch" to someone for snickering at them.

Everyone involved gets a time out.

Well he clearly has ADD and Tourette's instead of autism. My point was laughing at someone because of a mental disorder is fucked up.

Had he just been referred to as a douche, I would not have had an issue with the snickering.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Who else forgot about this? Just found it on my paypal and thought it never shipped, then realized it just wasn't out yet, haha. I cancelled it anyways.

I placed an order for it (along with their other 2 full lengths and the 3 Moving Mountains releases available from them), and didn't realize until after that it hasn't even came out yet, lol. Luckily I only have to wait a week or so.