A vertical record player, cause screw it...

You didn't buy anything, you just threw a grip of money at a promise and aren't guaranteed to get anything worthwhile.

Welcome to Kickstarter!

Hey dude - please forgive my overreaction earlier. Took it completely wrong obviously.

Anyways, truth about the KS stuff. I have a buddy who has $300+ tied up in a water heater on there for well over a year. It boggles the mind that they're allowed to sit on that much money for so long.

Their initial delivery date is this December, so I think they'll catch hell if everyone doesn't get their Christmas turntable.

Any chance we'll see a VNYL edition of this turntable?  

Order a vertical record player...get a Used Crosley in the mail with a hand-written curator note?

Your curator was James:

"We saw you play a lot of Mumford and Sons via your Spotify profile so we sent you this briefcase portable Crosley so you can enjoy your records while picnicking at the park."

Meanwhile, some YouTube vlogger gets sent a TEAC VPI HR-X1 and his mind explodes

Any chance we'll see a VNYL edition of this turntable?  

Order a vertical record player...get a Used Crosley in the mail with a hand-written curator note?

I want no part of this nonsense. This is not affiliated with VNYL in anyway. #stpd #dsgn

Also, we would never sell our customers USED Crosleys. That's terrible. However, the VNYL Black Friday Record Store Day Crosley Vibe-Maker should be popping up on RSD's site sometime in early November. #stokage

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen some posts on facebook about this and it seems they are now using mdf for the cases of these and not real wood as originally advertised, if its true then that's going to affect a lot of things sound and engineering wise along with upping the profit margin. Obviosly a million isnt enough

By "they are now" do you mean they've never produced them in wood or there are a limited number of wood versions to be had?  

It's all the production ones and all the real wood references have been removed from the kickstarter page, there was a bulliten about it which they are saying is for performance issues and there is also a fair amount being written about it on the comments page

I'd be mighty miffed if I donated to the kickstarter at this point.  The old switch-a-roo alive and well.

Pretty sure, that you still can find this tt(?) for like $50

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/electronics/audio/ion-vertical-vinyl-wall-mounted-retro-turntable/10465529.html

http://www.amazon.com/IT27-Vertical-Vinyl-Wall-Mounted-Turntable/dp/B004Y4ZG66/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I think, that this kickstarter project is for people who think, that "cassette tape" iphone cases are rad.

• 4 months later...

I know half of you hate this turntable but a new interview popped up on Consequence of Sound and the CEO at least can pretend he knows what he's talking about. As an engineer myself it seems like he did his homework. Default downward tracking force is 2g and you can change out the cartridge and adjust the spring tracking force.

https://youtu.be/xVF0W-TQ5u8?t=1m10s

Pretty sure, that you still can find this tt(?) for like $50

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/electronics/audio/ion-vertical-vinyl-wall-mounted-retro-turntable/10465529.html

http://www.amazon.com/IT27-Vertical-Vinyl-Wall-Mounted-Turntable/dp/B004Y4ZG66/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I think, that this kickstarter project is for people who think, that "cassette tape" iphone cases are rad.

That would look nice at the wall beside some framed Deja...

I know half of you hate this turntable but a new interview popped up on Consequence of Sound and the CEO at least can pretend he knows what he's talking about. As an engineer myself it seems like he did his homework. Default downward tracking force is 2g and you can change out the cartridge and adjust the spring tracking force.

https://youtu.be/xVF0W-TQ5u8?t=1m10s

I'm not an engineer, but I know enough about turntables to know that this guy definitely doesn't (or at best they just decided to put actual engineering and audio quality at the bottom of their list of priorities)

I'm not an engineer, but I know enough about turntables to know that this guy definitely doesn't (or at best they just decided to put actual engineering and audio quality at the bottom of their list of priorities)

Don't know.... I'm going to wait for actual reviews. Seems like a lot of people getting butthurt just because their favorite hobby got rotated 85 degrees. Let's not pretend like rotational motion is that hard to understand anyways.... theres like 4 variables and they're all linearly related. https://youtu.be/grMWAI1RdVs?t=3m57s

Generally when you change something fundamental in a design - for any item - the main question should be: "why are we doing this?". There should be a very good reason, that clearly improves or enhances the functionality (especially when the original design has been tried and tested for many, many years). From what I can see, this doesn't do that; the changes are simply for aesthetics, nothing more. Yes, it looks quite nice. Does it look nicer than other currently available 'regular' turntables? No. Does it work any better than other 'regular' turntables? I highly doubt it.

• 3 months later...

Latest post - they're (shock!) running way behind on fulfillment as well.....

"You have no idea how pissed I am right now. I supported this campaign more than a year ago. I received the record player today. Hooked it up and it sounded like crap. Loud scratchy sound when playing my first, and second and third LP. Almost like there was a grounding problem. I've submitted a ticket to support but I have to say this is a total cluster f**k."

Latest post - they're (shock!) running way behind on fulfillment as well.....

"You have no idea how pissed I am right now. I supported this campaign more than a year ago. I received the record player today. Hooked it up and it sounded like crap. Loud scratchy sound when playing my first, and second and third LP. Almost like there was a grounding problem. I've submitted a ticket to support but I have to say this is a total cluster f**k."

I must have missed out on this gem. I am not happy for the people that backed it because that's unfortunate but I wonder who didn't see this coming?