PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

Welp, the "friendly" debate train seems to have derailed.

So how about Phil's hair? I loved his mad scientist look. I saw someone say he would make a great Bond villian.

I AGREE.

I kind of think you have to be a mad scientist to write music like he does.

As a musician, I don't get how they fucking do it. I wish I could make stuff like they do.

damn, this ASA is really fucking killer.

The end of this song is just so tremendous.

and holy shit, this Rioseco. Wow.

Now that I'm hearing a live version, the foundation of this song with the bass guitar makes me think of Pink Floyd; the pacing and note choice is very reminiscent of Roger Waters' approach. Much different stuff over top. But holy cow this song...

What an intense short set. I'm totally spent, but want to go for a 3rd time through. Like she said at the end, you just want to dive right into the middle of that sound!

They simply cannot write a bad song, or one you want to skip, and those riffs get stuck in your head so fast. I still can't pick a favorite off D&D. 

btw, did Erin's guitar short out at 23:38? All that sweat I guess. 

What an intense short set. I'm totally spent, but want to go for a 3rd time through. Like she said at the end, you just want to dive right into the middle of that sound!

They simply cannot write a bad song, or one you want to skip, and those riffs get stuck in your head so fast. I still can't pick a favorite off D&D. 

They really can't. And I don't know if I have a favorite or not yet. They really are so good. I'm leaning towards Arcs or Darkfield. Hmm. Honestly, I've been going back to Four Trees lately. I can't get enough of it.

And yeah, as well as him breaking a string.

There were a couple spots where it sounded like one of the guitars cut out. I figured it was from a faulty cable or something, but I feel like they're professional enough to make sure that kind of shit doesn't happen.