PO: NOW! - Caspian - Dust and Disquiet (9/25/15)

It's funny you guys complain about the Audiotree DJs. I actually think it gives the sessions a little charm. Sure, it gets awkward at times, especially when the bands aren't really into it (Nothing for example...not performance wise, but Nicky def wasn't feeling the goofy questions haha). Other sessions though are fun to hear the banter between the DJ & band.

I will say, the dude during Caspian's session was worse than the dude doing it now.

Seeing their live version of Sycamore is definitely an amazing experience. It's pretty much the best song I've ever seen live.

I agree. The studio version already is something else, but seeing it live is otherworldly. The couple extra minutes at the beginning of just mood and atmosphere set the stage perfectly. Sycamore doesn't build, it grows. The showstopper to stop all shows.

yes, most likely cable...but  a lack of professionalism? You lost me there...

That was an intense set and compared to the live show, they were pretty subdued until Arcs - love it when Phil ribs the headphones off.

At a RC concert, Sullivan was tapping like a madman on his pedalboard and accidentally uncabled one of the pedals -- the best part was Brian Cook laughing his arse off the whole time Mike was scrambling to get it plugged back in and catch up on the track.

I think I'm with Matt right now with a tie for Darkfield and Arcs, but not kicking any of the others, man.  When Phil tweeted last year the musical ideas were just flowing out and epic stuff was happening, I knew he wasn't hyping, but just couldn't picture where they would be going. D&D is flawless.

I think my point was misunderstood...  I wasn't trying to imply that they're unprofessional and don't care about their gear.  Rather, I meant that there has to be another explanation, and that I feel like these guys are the kind of band that makes sure their shit is in working order.  Like perhaps stepping too hard on their pedals and unplugging a cable accidentally  haha

Congrats to Beni, and I'm sure Matt will not be far behind :)

Anyone else finding themselves playing this record sides C, B, A ?  That's me anyways.

edit: the two related anthemic riffs in the middle of Darkfield are pleasant earworms atm.

One more  day and I'm going to have to go to an old standby earworm to phase out this one before I burn out Darkfield

(Jim Morrison or Jimmy Hoffa)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...