Bernie 2016

You clearly aren't familiar with the citizens of my fair state. We're 50% filthy commie liberals, 50% frothing-at-the-mouth "good ol' boys who chaw t'baccy and roll coal and fly our rebel flags out the beds of our pickemuptrucks (even though we're way the fuck north of the Mason Dixon)"

Seeing the state go Sanders & Trump is the least surprising thing about this primary. Also, Vermin Supreme broke the 100 vote mark!!

Well, shit. Up until that Mason Dixon Line comment, I thought you were talking about where I grew up...Georgia.

You clearly aren't familiar with the citizens of my fair state. We're 50% filthy commie liberals, 50% frothing-at-the-mouth "good ol' boys who chaw t'baccy and roll coal and fly our rebel flags out the beds of our pickemuptrucks (even though we're way the fuck north of the Mason Dixon)"

Seeing the state go Sanders & Trump is the least surprising thing about this primary. Also, Vermin Supreme broke the 100 vote mark!!

as i was reading that i was like "WOW and NH is so far north!" lol

NH also is a resettlement state for a lot of refugees...Concord, Manchester, Nashua, and Laconia all have significant numbers of refugees who are doing quite well for themselves now that, y'know, they're in a country that's not ACTIVELY trying to kill them. So you have a lot of bitter white people who saw the family auto repair business go under when the economy tanked, and they feel like they're watching The Government just give away all kinds of free stuff to "foreigners" while letting them fail, and they get all worked up about it. Maggie Hasson went total "SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING!!!!" mode during the height of the Syrian refugee crisis - despite being governor of a state that has been housing refugees for years without a single terrorist threat, just to appease the cowards. So it's utterly no surprise that Trump won big here. We may be Yanks, but we're SPITEFUL ones!

Racist bigots AND idiots (which is mostly the same "

I know plenty of racist bigots on the left too. Party lines don't dictate racism, individual experiences and ideaology do. I worked with some true blue Dems who openly admitted having problems with voting for a black President. It's not just a Trump thing, it exists in the fan base of every candidate.

NH is doing it right! For some reason I don't see Bernie becoming president. There's something about our sus government that will prevent that.

If Bernie isn't president then honestly I wouldn't mind Trump...Mainly because Hillary is a fucktard. Ted Cruz is a dipshit. And John Ellis is a Bush.

Hard to take the writer of that article seriously. What a bitch-fest. Doesn't do any favors for Hillary.

That was the most ridiculous shit I've read all day.

I love alligator guy. I'd vote for him before I'd vote for Trump.

Thanks for the happy birthday in the other thread.  Also, I'm curious what you think about that ALL CAPS RANT.  I have taken a lot of shit on here for being too PC, but I can't really take the majority of that author's post serious.  I understand a few of the points may be accurate, but the majority of it is just her throwing out ifs and buts that haven't crossed my mind once in the whole election.

I couldn't read past the first PARAGRAPH. 

Hilary may have worked really hard to get where she is, but she has seriously fucked up along the way. She's constantly stepping on her own toes and putting a foot in her mouth. She's no different than every miserable shithead we've had in office. I think that may be why some people like Trump, he's different. I'm not blinded by Bernie's plans. I know that half the shit he wants to do will never happen because of assholes in Congress who have lobbyists providing them oral pleasure while they vote on bills. All the same, infecting a lot of the country with good ideas about where we should be as a nation is certainly a step in the right direction. I'm pretty sure Hilary thinks things are hunky dory right now. Either way, none of them are ever going to accomplish everything they claim they will. I'll vote for Bernie if only for the simple fact that he hasn't taken large donations from corporations/ banks/ The Cock Brothers/ etc. Corruption needs to go first. Then we need to rethink the bill writing process. Why a proposal about funding VA Healthcare should have any mention of abortion or energy is completely beyond my level of understanding. Once we get rid of those two seriously fucked up realities, we'll be able to head in the right direction. And fuck it, if no one accomplishes that by the time I'm 35....

FOWTY 2024 !!!

Not sure if this was posted because of the lack of search function but the DNC is screwing Bernie Sanders out of the nomination. Sign the petition to speak out against this superdelegate nonsense

http://pac.petitions.moveon.org/sign/superdelegates-dont-deny.fb47?source=s.icn.fb&r_by=15131721

Paste Magazine just did a pretty good job explaining why the whole superdelegates nonsense is fucked up, but not quite as dire as it seems right now.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/02/after-sanders-big-win-in-new-hampshire-establishme.html

That being said, the DNC is still corrupt as fuck.

can't wrap my head around anyone thinking "yeah, trump's got my vote" and being serious about it.

I was in the same boat (and still am to a large extent), so I went on his website to try and learn more about his platform.  I ended up writing a really long post on my blog about what I found http://www.thenohopekids.com/i-guess-i-disagree-with-donald-trump/ 

In addition to what I broke down in the post about the specific policies he proposes on his site, I think that the following points highlight why he is getting the support that he is:

1) He's an outsider who is looking to shake up the political system.  

2) He is an adamant Adam Smith style free-market supporter.  To the point even that Reaganomics might seem left-leaning in comparison.

3) In comparison to the other Republican front-runners, his social policies are surprisingly moderate on a lot of issues.  Unlike Cruz, he supports climate change research and gay marriage.  Well, "supports" might be the wrong word - a better way of putting it is that he's not a climate change denier and he wouldn't actively work to overturn gay marriage.  Not sure if Rubio is a climate change denier, but both he and Cruz have suggested overturning the supreme court decision to make gay marriage federally legal.  Trump also supports medicinal marijuana, and has in the past supported recreational.  He's also supported Planned Parenthood, but within the past year revised his view.

4) Along with the "outsider" thing, supporters see him as someone who isn't afraid to speak his mind - even if what he says is highly offensive.  Part of that support is that at least some of those people actually agree with the offensive things he's saying (which is very sad and concerning), but he doesn't seem to be playing a political "game".  The GOP has such a history of "games" that I can't help but feel that his supporters are relieved by his seeming transparency.

Of course, he is playing a game and trying to trick his voters.  Otherwise he'd be more upfront about his policies during debates, instead of just blurting out catch phrases and mudslinging his opponents.  But that's a whole other thing.