Bernie 2016

13 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Try again. Facts aren't that hard to look up. 

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/06/where-does-clinton-foundation-money-go/

all your article presents is 3rd party speculation based on the clinton foundation's 2013 form 990. turns out that 88.3% of spending was designated as going towards "program services." your article concludes with: "we can’t vouch for the effectiveness of the programming expenses listed in the report." this is as much transparency into their actual charitable spending as we are going to get.

so, i retract my claim that clinton foundation operates at 90% overhead, because there is no way i can substantiate my claims with the information the foundation has made public. my claim that over $2 billion has been given to the clinton foundation by mega corps, wealthy donors, and despotic foreign governments in exchange for political favors stands.

Don't forget that he owns three houses that he and his wife use and a property that he rents out. He claims the rental income on his taxes. He's also in the top 4% of earners in the US according to a poorly written Forbes piece that unfortunately keeps referring to him as Sander instead of Sanders.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Forbes piece that unfortunately keeps referring to him as Sander instead of Sanders.

Well, to be fair he was a carpenter for like 2 weeks at one point in his life. So he knows what it's like to do labor for a living.

It's not an issue, specifically because he'll never be in a position to do any of the shit he said he wanted to. It's just funny. Him going after the rich would be like me going after you for not giving a third of your income to a person in a third world country because, "it's the right thing to do." Do you have any idea how much that would improve the life of a sweatshop worker who lives on $2 a day?

Technically, you all should be willing to do that anyways. It's basically what you're expecting on a larger scale, excluding any financial contributions from ol' Moneybags Sanders over here.

Pimpin' ain't easy.

3 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The idea of Sanders owning 3 homes as an "issue" is insane.  He makes 200k+ a year, on top of whatever his wife makes.  I make much much less than that and I own 2 homes.  Making that much money makes it fairly easy to buy a 600k house..

Mike I 100% admire you arguing with some people on here. I mean you gotta think about it if you aruging with someone who thinks Trump is the answer to anything, they'll of course believe that Bernie bought 100 Audis from aliens and somehow the confirmation e-mails got lost on Hillary's server. Also campaign against home ownership when you need property taxes ahahaha. That was a good laugh.

I gave up on arguing because whats the point, if you're a Trump defender you probably agree with some crazy fucked up thing he said and may be beyond redemption. I mean I understand "ideological differences" but there is no ideological debate going on. I saw a lawyer post some good Trump logic on Facespace.

OK, look, this is very important. I'm helping a bunch of illegal Mexican immigrants prepare for their citizenship test. They've decided to give up their lives of rape and murder so they can vote and then participate in the liberal plot to turn red states blue, after which they'll go to law school and become biased judges incapable of making fair rulings in cases involving alleged real estate scams. And we're working on current events. Now I can't seem to find this in the textook, but a lot of people are saying it, so I figured I should teach it to them. So let me know if I got this straight. ISIS was founded by Barack Hussein Obama while he was on one of those family vacations to Africa that cost the taxpayers $100 million. And then he took his Kenyan birth cerificate, which correctly lists his religion as "secret Muslim," and used it to sneak into Libya and meet with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi where they founded ISIS together. And now, and this is where it gets tricky, all of this was documented on Hillary Clinton's email, which she destroyed after leaking it to pertetrators of the Benghazi attack. And the Orlando shooter knew this, which is why his dad came to Hillary's rally. Do I have it correct? Because that's what a lot of people are saying.

Edited by GradedOnACurve
Aliens

1 hour ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Mike I 100% admire you arguing with some people on here. I mean you gotta think about it if you aruging with someone who thinks Trump is the answer to anything, they'll of course believe that Bernie bought 100 Audis from aliens and somehow the confirmation e-mails got lost on Hillary's server. Also campaign against home ownership when you need property taxes ahahaha. That was a good laugh.

I gave up on arguing because whats the point, if you're a Trump defender you probably agree with some crazy fucked up thing he said and may be beyond redemption. I mean I understand "ideological differences" but there is no ideological debate going on. I saw a lawyer post some good Trump logic on Facespace.

OK, look, this is very important. I'm helping a bunch of illegal Mexican immigrants prepare for their citizenship test. They've decided to give up their lives of rape and murder so they can vote and then participate in the liberal plot to turn red states blue, after which they'll go to law school and become biased judges incapable of making fair rulings in cases involving alleged real estate scams. And we're working on current events. Now I can't seem to find this in the textook, but a lot of people are saying it, so I figured I should teach it to them. So let me know if I got this straight. ISIS was founded by Barack Hussein Obama while he was on one of those family vacations to Africa that cost the taxpayers $100 million. And then he took his Kenyan birth cerificate, which correctly lists his religion as "secret Muslim," and used it to sneak into Libya and meet with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi where they founded ISIS together. And now, and this is where it gets tricky, all of this was documented on Hillary Clinton's email, which she destroyed after leaking it to pertetrators of the Benghazi attack. And the Orlando shooter knew this, which is why his dad came to Hillary's rally. Do I have it correct? Because that's what a lot of people are saying.

Only had to/will read the first paragraph of this asinine rant to know that you haven't been following any of the discussions people have been having on these boards.

There's literally only one dude here who is voting for Trump, and even then he's an adult who can support who ever the fuck he wants.

Some of you need to quit fronting like you don't want to get in the conversation because you'd be 'punching down' or that you're on some next level of enlightenment. It really just comes off like you're overwhelmingly uninformed and just siding with what you identify as the 'good guys', like these politicians are sports teams, or Game of Thrones characters (which, let's be honest, they aren't far away from).

3 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Only had to/will read the first paragraph of this asinine rant to know that you haven't been following any of the discussions people have been having on these boards.

There's literally only one dude here who is voting for Trump, and even then he's an adult who can support who ever the fuck he wants.

Some of you need to quit fronting like you don't want to get in the conversation because you'd be 'punching down' or that you're on some next level of enlightenment. It really just comes off like you're overwhelmingly uninformed and just siding with what you identify as the 'good guys', like these politicians are sports teams, or Game of Thrones characters (which, let's be honest, they aren't far away from).

My first paragraph actually referenced a few things people said here. My second paragraph references Trump supporters in general, and I wouldn't be so sure its only one dude voting for Trump here. The third part was satire. I'm not sure what "next level of enlightenment" is or that this is a good guys vs. bad guys thing. There are some ignorant things said here and in the Trump thread and some good points. Adults could think whatever they want but like you just did could be subject to criticism and kind of shows who they really are. 

1 hour ago, GradedOnACurve said:

My first paragraph actually referenced a few things people said here. My second paragraph references Trump supporters in general, and I wouldn't be so sure its only one dude voting for Trump here. The third part was satire. I'm not sure what "next level of enlightenment" is or that this is a good guys vs. bad guys thing. There are some ignorant things said here and in the Trump thread and some good points. Adults could think whatever they want but like you just did could be subject to criticism and kind of shows who they really are. 

All you did was barge into this thread yelling at everyone (except Mike), like an asshole.

1 minute ago, Shitty Rambo said:

All you did was barge into this thread yelling at everyone (except Mike), like an asshole.

Not quite. I think I've posted long enough here for you to know that's not my style, but I'm sorry you took it that way. You've never taken my posts so personally before. Must be election season.

17 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Not quite. I think I've posted long enough here for you to know that's not my style, but I'm sorry you took it that way. You've never taken my posts so personally before. Must be election season.

It's not that, people on VC in general have been having good discussions on the matter. Just sucks when someone hops in and derails it by essentially shaming people for abiding by principles that don't 100% align with their own. 

People are welcome to have differences of opinion. It's just there was an actual debate whether that's Bernie in the Audi (it's not) and the validity of owning multiple houses if you champion causes like Sanders (you can.) Also there really is no ideology behind Trump's campaign, but discussions around 3rd parties wouldn't center around those issues but rather real issues.

23 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

It's not an issue, specifically because he'll never be in a position to do any of the shit he said he wanted to. It's just funny. Him going after the rich would be like me going after you for not giving a third of your income to a person in a third world country because, "it's the right thing to do." Do you have any idea how much that would improve the life of a sweatshop worker who lives on $2 a day?

Technically, you all should be willing to do that anyways. It's basically what you're expecting on a larger scale, excluding any financial contributions from ol' Moneybags Sanders over here.

Pimpin' ain't easy.

/furtherderailing

This idea gets me so depressed.  There are claims that we (as in, the human race) have the ability to eliminate poverty and (possibly) any lack of basic resources (food, water, shelter) for the entire planet if we redistributed our wealth/resources.

Even if you consider this idea unobtainable, the vast majority of countries could eliminate these issues within their own boarders, if nothing else.

But we don't do this, for a billion reasons (some valid).

But the idea that there could have been another Einstein who died of starvation, or is currently living under a bridge, is brutal.

1 hour ago, daegor said:

/furtherderailing

This idea gets me so depressed.  There are claims that we (as in, the human race) have the ability to eliminate poverty and (possibly) any lack of basic resources (food, water, shelter) for the entire planet if we redistributed our wealth/resources.

Even if you consider this idea unobtainable, the vast majority of countries could eliminate these issues within their own boarders, if nothing else.

But we don't do this, for a billion reasons (some valid).

But the idea that there could have been another Einstein who died of starvation, or is currently living under a bridge, is brutal.

Aw yes, it's time for another armchair humanitarian soapbox.

So when you say, "we," are you talking about people in general voluntarily giving their time or money to help those in need, or are you suggesting that the government take from people and spread that wealth where you feel it's needed? If you want taxes to focus more on quality of life opposed to death and destruction then you can start by not voting for Hillary who wants to keep fighting a civil war we have no business being involved in. You also can actively contribute to this brutality (via volunteering at a shelter or donating money) on your own, right now. You really think the next Eisenstein is dying under a goverment funded overpass? C'mon dude. This ideology that humanity will some day thrive in a borderline communist society where everyone is taken care of is unrealistic. It's as wishful as thinking you're going to a magical cloud palace in the sky once you're dead where all your deceased relatives and dead pets will be waiting for you. I'm not going to say nobody starves to death in America, but people act like most citizens under the poverty line are killing/eating dogs for survival when in actuality a lot have flatscreen TVs and healthcare. This is a complex issue, like gun control. There is no, "Well if we just do this..." answer to any of these problems.

On 8/14/2016 at 10:30 AM, GradedOnACurve said:

I gave up on arguing because whats the point

so did bernie! two peas in a pod.

It's just there was an actual debate whether that's Bernie in the Audi (it's not)

that's 100% bernie in the audi r8.

there really is no ideology behind Trump's campaign

(there is)

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Aw yes, it's time for another armchair humanitarian soapbox.

So when you say, "we," are you talking about people in general voluntarily giving their time or money to help those in need, or are you suggesting that the government take from people and spread that wealth where you feel it's needed?

Neither, as neither is a good solution to the problem.

If you want taxes to focus more on quality of life opposed to death and destruction then you can start by not voting for Hillary who wants to keep fighting a civil war we have no business being involved in.

I don't think I disagree with you here.

You also can actively contribute to this brutality (via volunteering at a shelter or donating money) on your own, right now. You really think the next Eisenstein is dying under a goverment funded overpass? C'mon dude. This ideology that humanity will some day thrive in a borderline communist society where everyone is taken care of is unrealistic. It's as wishful as thinking you're going to a magical cloud palace in the sky once you're dead where all your deceased relatives and dead pets will be waiting for you. I'm not going to say nobody starves to death in America, but people act like most citizens under the poverty line are killing/eating dogs for survival when in actuality a lot have flatscreen TVs and healthcare. This is a complex issue, like gun control. There is no, "Well if we just do this..." answer to any of these problems.

1000% agree with you here.  (though I'm certain there have been geniuses of various sorts who have died never realizing their potential due to being homeless/sick/poor/socially rejected/etc)

The reality is that we cannot 'Well if we just do this...' to this sort of issue without outright rejecting capitalism.  And I don't even think a fully communist society would cut it either (it doesn't allow for the same level of recognition of genius).  It would probably have to be some Star Trek, money has no meaning, level shit.

Doesn't change that it's depressing.