Black Friday RSD - 2015

im an activist? i just don't like when people say trashy things. And you've said a lot of questionable things in the past.

Dude I say questionable shit every day. But ya know, you told me not to use offensive language, but severely offended me in the process. How's that fucking progressive? You're an asshole.

I have nothing to add that's useful but you say fuck in almost every post I've noticed. Your avatar also offends me because I have a strong history with alcohol addiction and seeing people making light of getting "wrecked" or wasted or smashed or whatever the fuck ever kinda pisses me off. But hey we all have something mr martyr, chill.

That sucks and all, if true, but you of all people then should know not to use it in a flippant way.

Just sayin'

So, by your logic...

Using the word rape out of context = bad

Questioning rape survivor after they say they've been raped = ok

Acting like there's a right way to feel/act after being raped and you'd know that way better than them = ok

Right.

If true? Questioning my claim is the reason shit like this goes fucking under the radar most of the time. Fuckin' scrutinizing me.

So, by your logic...

Acting like there's a right way to feel/act after being raped and you'd know that way better than them = ok

Right.

I don't think he's questioning because of a rape claim, I think it's because people lie on the internet all the time. You're kinda supposed to assume everything on the internet is false.

I don't think he's questioning because of a rape claim, I think it's because people lie on the internet all the time. You're kinda supposed to assume everything on the internet is false.

No. You're not supposed to talk down to survivors like that. Internet or not. You can assume whatever, but to say something like that to someone crosses a line. If you were to send a Facebook message to someone saying "I'm going to kill you and your whole family." and they were to go to the police, the police wouldn't be able to brush it off based solely on the fact that it was said on the internet.

If true? Questioning my claim is the reason shit like this goes fucking under the radar most of the time. Fuckin' scrutinizing me.

I only scrutinize because of your flip use of the term and the timing of your claim. It's not that I disbelieve you, it's that this certainly seems timely, and an odd place/way to divulge such a hurtful experience.

No. You're not supposed to talk down to survivors like that. Internet or not. You can assume whatever, but to say something like that to someone crosses a line. If you were to send a Facebook message to someone saying "I'm going to kill you and your whole family." and they were to go to the police, the police wouldn't be able to brush it off based solely on the fact that it was said on the internet.

Well, that's a completely different story. Nobody is being threatened or in danger by sharing their story. It's normal for someone to be skeptical about something like that. Not saying I don't believe him, not asking him to prove it or anything, but technically I don't have to believe him just because he said so on the internet.

Well, that's a completely different story. Nobody is being threatened or in danger by sharing their story. It's normal for someone to be skeptical about something like that.

You said "everything". You're now proving that not everything on the internet should be assumed false. So what I gather (based on what you've said, and not assuming anything) is that you fail to recognize the seriousness of rape.

So, by your logic...

Right.

If someone came to me and said, I've been raped, male or female, I would take that claim very seriously.

To spout off on a message board about being raped after someone calls you out on your uncool use of the word rape? Yes. I question that. It's less that I question his rape, as I said, it's a terrible thing to have happen to you, and I'm glad that I've never had to endure it, it's more the timing and way that he divulged this information.

I'd like to point out that no one is questioning that men can be raped, as he seems to think.

I only scrutinize because of your flip use of the term and the timing of your claim. It's not that I disbelieve you, it's that this certainly seems timely, and an odd place/way to divulge such a hurtful experience.

Yeah, I said it wasn't something I felt necessary in this thread. Because it isn't. And yeah, the timing seems convenient, because I was shit on for using a word in the wrong context. Doubting survivors is fuckin' wrong. And I'm not gonna fucking deal with that shit.

Until yesterday, two other people knew about this. My best friend and my ex-wife. Now a message board full of emo and pop-punk fans knows the fucking shittiest of my secrets. So fucking rad.

Yeah, I said it wasn't something I felt necessary in this thread. Because it isn't. And yeah, the timing seems convenient, because I was shit on for using a word in the wrong context. Doubting survivors is fuckin' wrong. And I'm not gonna fucking deal with that shit.

Until yesterday, two other people knew about this. My best friend and my ex-wife. Now a message board full of emo and pop-punk fans knows the fucking shittiest of my secrets. So fucking rad.

Look at it this way

I just make a pedophile joke, but as soon as someone calls me out on it being tasteless, I claim to have been molested. Regardless of if I have, the timing would make nobody believe me, and it still wouldn't excuse my behavior.

No one made you tell anything. Stop trying to guilt trip people.

You said "everything". You're now proving that not everything on the internet should be assumed false. So what I gather (based on what you've said, and not assuming anything) is that you fail to recognize the seriousness of rape.

A threat isn't something presented as fact, it's a category by itself. "Everything" presented as a fact on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt unless you've got a reason to believe otherwise. Why do we believe Travis when he says a release is happening? Because he has a good track record and has proven his trustworthiness. Why do I trust hoosierbrad when he says he was raped? Though I'm skeptical, I'm leaning towards belief because he's a regular member of the boards who has given me no reason not to believe him.