PO: mutha-ucking 'The Crow'

Prayers have been answered! 'The Crow' soundtrack is being released on devils night, 10/30, and will feature the licensed tracks. Being that this is my favorite movie, I am super excited and I imagine some of you fine folks will be too!

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20857993/soundtrack-crow-the-lp

https://youtu.be/RWs8kdGUgDg (my personal favorite from the soundtrack)

Prayers have been answered! 'The Crow' soundtrack is being released on devils night, 10/30, and will feature the licensed tracks. Being that this is my favorite movie, I am super excited and I imagine some of you fine folks will be too!

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20857993/soundtrack-crow-the-lp

https://youtu.be/RWs8kdGUgDg (my personal favorite from the soundtrack)

You and Dwight Schrute have the same favorite movie.

A friend made me privy to this last night.  We had literally JUST talked about this on Saturday.  Super excited since this is my all-time favorite soundtrack!  And being released on Devil's Night was the first thing i noticed, how delightfully appropriate is that?!  :D

I just hope that "and will feature the licensed tracks" means all of the tracks on the OST.  Sounds as if to say not all the tracks have been licensed which would be super lame.  A better way to word that may have been "and will feature all the tracks from the original release".

Oh hell yes. This is one of those "this made my day" type of things.

Yup.  Made my Fall.  I watch the movie every year on Devil's Night, a tradition I started way back in the day.  This year, the soundtrack on vinyl too.  Super sweet deal.  I was so sick of seeing those bootlegs even though a small part of me wanted to buy one.

With the already-reissued Natural Born Killers soundtrack, this one, and the upcoming reissue of Singles, the trifecta of the three best film soundtracks ever are here!

:D

NBK definitely has some gems on it, especially that NIN track (get goosebumps every time i listen to it).  But my beef with that soundtrack is all of the filler that's in it.  I'm sure lots of other people like to have that stuff in the OST, but I'm just not one of them.  Pulp Fiction OST is the same way.

I'm also looking forward to the High Fidelity soundtrack on Black Friday.  The Jack Black cover of Let's Get It On is worth the price alone.  Love that.

I love the way Reznor constructed the NBK OST. The filler stuff actually, to me, makes the whole thing more cinematic and flows better overall as opposed to a bunch of unrelated songs that would've made it stop-and-go with each track. It fit the theme of the movie itself and works.

Also I just want to throw this out there, but if the reboot film that is supposedly coming out isn't laced with Joy Division songs I am going to boycott it. (not really, but maybe)

If you haven't read the GN, there are literally names of JD songs on pages to align with the scene. I used to play the appropriate track while reading.

I love the way Reznor constructed the NBK OST. The filler stuff actually, to me, makes the whole thing more cinematic and flows better overall as opposed to a bunch of unrelated songs that would've made it stop-and-go with each track. It fit the theme of the movie itself and works.

I get that, totally.  Just that me personally, I find myself hitting the skip track button a lot.  A collection of really great songs though and the movie is a masterpiece.  One of my favorites by Mr. Oliver Stone.  Platoon is another great one and coincidentally, I was spinning the soundtrack to that over the weekend.  :)