PO Soon: As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

mitch5643

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

per T&N on FB, the original $25 price was an error. they're reducing the intended price of $33 to $29 now, though.

That's a total crock of shit. That's something that would be so hard to fuck up...and then not correct for multiple days.

This second press release is a total fucking joke. I want this record, but seriously, fuck T&N.

50 minutes ago, anchorclose said:

That's a total crock of shit. That's something that would be so hard to fuck up...and then not correct for multiple days.

This second press release is a total fucking joke. I want this record, but seriously, fuck T&N.

thats because it most likely was never an error. just greed. this isnt amazon - its a relatively small e-commerce site were talking about. fuckin' clowns.

1 hour ago, No This Is Patrick said:

I thought Universal (or whoever now) owned most of these albums, so I don't think it's entirely T&N/SS fault. I do think upping the price a few days after is kinda stupid though.

It is T&N's fault that they no longer own these records...and (presumably) have to pay royalties, hence inflating the price.  I would assume that they have the power to set the final price as well, or decide to continuously adjust the price.

Regardless, $33, or even $29 + shipping is too much money for a single record.  Just me being a crotchety old man.

2 hours ago, anchorclose said:

It is T&N's fault that they no longer own these records...and (presumably) have to pay royalties, hence inflating the price.  I would assume that they have the power to set the final price as well, or decide to continuously adjust the price.

Regardless, $33, or even $29 + shipping is too much money for a single record.  Just me being a crotchety old man.

cactusbot (Broken Circles) said this earlier about the upcoming "Hell or High Water" release:

Shipping will not be $10. You'll be able to walk away with a copy of this record for less than $25 shipped. Wish it was cheaper but Universal sets the price, not me.

T&N has nothing to do with this, it won't be in their store. They don't even own their own releases anymore. When they press one of their own titles on vinyl they are paying Universal to license it.

I'd assume that's what happened here. But who knows. And this is a double LP release... those tend to be higher (at least from my experience). I'm not trying to justify the price, I wish everything was cheaper. Also, my mind thinks waaay different now due to watching Shark Tank hahaha.

15 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

cactusbot (Broken Circles) said this earlier about the upcoming "Hell or High Water" release:

I'd assume that's what happened here. But who knows. And this is a double LP release... those tend to be higher (at least from my experience). I'm not trying to justify the price, I wish everything was cheaper. Also, my mind thinks waaay different now due to watching Shark Tank hahaha.

I love shark tank. 

"We'll give you the rights to press Come Now Sleep but we want 85% equity."  

34 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

Just a fyi for everyone.. I have the red and the clear.  

Just got my blue and gold one.   I played the blue last night and playing the gold now. They sound way better than the first pressing.

i think the clear was technically the worse

ready for hohw!

how is the packaging? Any differences/insert?