over 100 reported killed by terrorists at Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris

Tardcore

I agree, it's terribly hard. Not trying to make some prolific statement with what I said, but I just think we can turn this place around. My wife and I are trying to have a kid, and I don't want to bring a child up in a world like this. Nobody does, who would? Any way, my comments here are done, time to have some beers and listen to some new records and try to take my mind off this haunting event.

I'm sorry but exactly how does the average civilian stop ISIS from the other side of the world?

Just one thought, instead of sitting around saying "humanity is fucked" or "the world is fucked", etc., which I see quite a bit already in this thread, let's all think what can we do to stop this and make this world a better place.  There is a way, it will take take and a lot of action and time, but to say "it's fucked" means you're totally giving up, which is letting the fucking scum that does shit like this win.  That's my 2 cents on this, thoughts go out to Paris and the rest of the world, stay safe, and let's try to find a way to better this little planet of ours one day at a time.

This is why I try to be nice to people every day.

A lot of people do not do that.

This is why I try to be nice to people every day.

A lot of people do not do that.

even that won't save you from something like this. people are crazy and if you're at the wrong place at the wrong time, it doesn't matter if you're mother fucking teresa, you're done...

i'm just so sick of people killing people. what's the point of it all? i just don't get it.

I'm sorry but exactly how does the average civilian stop ISIS from the other side of the world?

In theory, you can't. The only thing you can do is try and spread kindness to the strangers around you. Hate and kindness travel well. It's our small acts of kindness that empower us. Maybe I'm a fucking unrealistic doofus with this philosophy, but I'm not going to rely on some promise of a heaven to guide how I treat other humans. Sometimes we don't realize how everything we do in our everyday lives has an effect on the world.

In theory, you can't. The only thing you can do is try and spread kindness to the strangers around you. Hate and kindness travel well. It's our small acts of kindness that empower us. Maybe I'm a fucking unrealistic doofus with this philosophy, but I'm not going to rely on some promise of a heaven to guide how I treat other humans. Sometimes we don't realize how everything we do in our everyday lives has an effect on the world.

Damn, well said.

just heard one of the crew from the band was killed.

From what I've been reading, it may have been the merch guy.

This whole thing situation attack fucked up thing has me all torn up. I want to cry. I want to destroy things. I want to hug everyone. I want to be compassionate. I want to be a mess.

I don't know anymore what to feel and do.

I definitely don't believe that people need religion to guide them in how to be a good person. But that's a whole other topic. This is a goddamn travesty that should not have happen. I'm so sick of this ISIS fear mongering bullshit.

I'm so sick of the media giving everyone that kills someone/masses of people, who want to terrorize and put fear into others, their 15+ minutes of fame.  They perpetuate these situations so, so much, and give these people (copy cat killer / terrorist organizations) the fuel to keep doing it.  How and why do these terrorist organisations have Twitter accounts and social media accounts?  It's fucking mind blowing.  We have all this technology, yet we let them squeak through and put out their little videos and tweets, FB messages, whatever, and then the media runs with the story and makes it a big deal.  That's exactly what they want, to be seen, and we give it to them.  It's sad, really.  It's like letting a little kid in class get up, start having a temper tantrum, and then award said child for doing so.  Also, religion is the worst.  None of this is a revelation, but nobody seems to want to put an end to it, so it continues.

this is where, in my mind, it gets messy. they claim to be of this religious affiliate yet break almost every rule of said religion...and in my mind its not another story but one that applies to every city that gets a hashtag that people need to pray for. yet when typing #prayforparis they are probably watching dancing with the star shoving cheesy poofs down their pieholes.

just heard one of the crew from the band was killed.

From what I've been reading, it may have been the merch guy.

This whole thing situation attack fucked up thing has me all torn up. I want to cry. I want to destroy things. I want to hug everyone. I want to be compassionate. I want to be a mess.

I don't know anymore what to feel and do.

It was, I didn't say it earlier out of respect to his family.

It's weird to think that it would have been my old roommate filling in for them, my other friend, or him.

Shit gave me an anxiety attack. It's been a rough night for me, and my friends (who work in the industry).

I don't know what to think right now, so I'm stereotypically trying to drink myself numb while listening to Nirvana Unplugged.

Go hug your friends and family, guys.

It was, I didn't say it earlier out of respect to his family.

It's weird to think that it would have been my old roommate filling in for them, my other friend, or him.

Shit gave me an anxiety attack. It's been a rough night for me, and my friends (who work in the industry).

I don't know what to think right now, so I'm stereotypically trying to drink myself numb while listening to Nirvana Unplugged.

Go hug your friends and family, guys.

i was wondering if thats where you were going with that. im truly sorry buddy, i was trying to text you earlier but the message never went through. i tried over and over...sprint seems to go down when something big happens that everyone is talking about.

i did hug my family tonight. my wife gets scared easily and i couldnt reach her (sprint) but made sure she felt safe...as with my daughter.

i was wondering if thats where you were going with that. im truly sorry buddy, i was trying to text you earlier but the message never went through. i tried over and over...sprint seems to go down when something big happens that everyone is talking about.

i did hug my family tonight. my wife gets scared easily and i couldnt reach her (sprint) but made sure she felt safe...as with my daughter.

No worries, man. And thank you. I'm just trying to comfort my friend who is in the same circle as me; she is taking it really hard.

I know it sounds corny, but damn, music really helps in times like these.

What's got me all ripped up about all of this is that although I may not know personally anyone in Eagles of Death Metal or their crew (I'm sincerely deeply sorry Dave, brotha!) or the fans attending the show, it's exactly just that which has me all torn up and in tears. We're all connected worldwide through the love & music of metal and rock n' roll and something as fucked as this happens, we all feel it and hits me hard as fuck in the heart and head.

This whole night, no matter what records I've been listening to nor how many beers I've had this far, I just want to crawl into a corner and cry.

What's got me all ripped up about all of this is that although I may not know personally anyone in Eagles of Death Metal or their crew (I'm sincerely deeply sorry Dave, brotha!) or the fans attending the show, it's exactly just that which has me all torn up and in tears. We're all connected worldwide through the love & music of metal and rock n' roll and something as fucked as this happens, we all feel it and hits me hard as fuck in the heart and head.

This whole night, no matter what records I've been listening to nor how many beers I've had this far, I just want to crawl into a corner and cry.

Oh, absolutely, Juan. No one needs to personally know anyone there to feel connected to it all. We are connected because they are fellow humans. Paris knows we are thinking of them, wishing and giving them all our love and support, and that truly helps. The world can be a dark place, but we manage to pull ourselves out of the darkness. It's an incredibly devastating, heartbreaking ordeal; one in which is wearing me thin, but our collective positive thoughts really do help. It's hard to not let something as dark as this take its toll, but we have to pull together. As I type this holding back tears, we will pull through. I wish I could be more articulate, and uplifting, but I just want everyone to know that the good outweighs the bad. The world might be a fucked up place at times, but we can't lose focus.