nick bassett/homophobes/transphobes thread

dvv

Not to be "that guy," but haven't these guys and Whirr gotten a ton of shit over saying misogynistic things/gay bashing, and then their promo video has "ur gay" and "pussy" spray painted on it next to their album title?

Not that I'm not going to get this album because I'm pretty stoked for it, but c'mon Nothing. Get it together.

Not to be "that guy," but haven't these guys and Whirr gotten a ton of shit over saying misogynistic things/gay bashing, and then their promo video has "ur gay" and "pussy" spray painted on it next to their album title?

Not that I'm not going to get this album because I'm pretty stoked for it, but c'mon Nothing. Get it together.

Ugh.  Gay dude here.  I like Nothing and Whirr and G.L.O.S.S.  Yea, the dude from Whirr/Nothing/Camera Shy is fucking immature, but I like the musical output of the bands he is a part of way more than I was ever offended by his antics.  Teaser sounds dope.  Bring on the PO.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I read that Nothing has done everything they can to disassociate with Nick after that whole Twitter debacle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm imagining that.

hoping the PO goes up sometime in January like GoE did 2 years ago

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I read that Nothing has done everything they can to disassociate with Nick after that whole Twitter debacle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm imagining that.

can confirm, new touring bassist, BUT the album was recorded with nick so whatever

Song is cool.

Wasn't this supposed to come out in that label from the guy who increased pharmaceutical prices or whatever?

some clarification: they signed to Collect Records, a label founded by Geoff Rickley some years ago but brought it back a year ago because of investments from said pharmaceutical guy. band hates this guy so they sever ties with the label, scramble to find a new label leading to Relapse again

Damn, what's with all the Will Yip hate? I personally think he's the best producer out there right now for this type of music (kinda shoegazey-loud-alt-rock). The Nothing/Whirr split is one of the best sounding records I've ever heard. Blasted through a good quality stereo, it sounds absolutely massive. I oodle over that guitar production.