nick bassett/homophobes/transphobes thread

dvv

well we're looking at a spring/summer release so it could be a while..

That's what Nicky said on his (pretty busy) Twitter feed.  Gonna be a while.

I can't remember if it was the interview or something on his feed where it sounds like NB and them aren't all out of touch - ie making amends. Like Nicky knew Whirr antics were eventually going to land them in some hot water, but seriously, is NB going to take advice on life lessons from him? ok - that's over.

People also have been clamoring for more Death Of Lovers and he pretty much said Yes 100% on that eventually. We'll see if NB is in that lineup.

"You can pound away on me until until my head's beneath."  Did not know this is literally what happened to Nicky in Oakland, by 5 thugs until I read the interview. Gah on that pic posted. Testimony to the fact we have a lot of reserve neurons.

Looking forward to the new music, and not deterred by Yip at the knobs.

edit: prophetic lyrics, and he is lucky to be alive.

You know there's always the chance there was some existing graffiti on the roof...

It's like people have never been to a city before... People paint immature shit on rooftops all the time. Considering the Vice article, it sure as hell sounds like they found a span of rooftops that they could paint on without getting caught (at least until the end) regardless of what existed up there. 

The sound clip sounds great, I'm excited for the whole album.

This will be great. Let's not judge Yip based on Blah Dispute, because they have always sucked. Maybe he just couldn't polish that turd enough to please the mobs.

im not familiar, but is that the band where it sounds like he's yelling at his Gma to remember to take her meds and when she doesn't he yells even louder?

im not familiar, but is that the band where it sounds like he's yelling at his Gma to remember to take her meds and when she doesn't he yells even louder?

I just emailed Relapse for a clear & now they are cancelling all vinyl for this album.

you guys are on your game today lol 

tried to upvote you but I used all mine up after midnight upvoting and 'fixing' the down votes from that old thread Derek brought up on the Postrock /Instrumental thread with the whack that wrote "it's not real music unless there are lyrics."

Oh man, peeps did jump on him and I'd say were way tolerant and civil kind to that guy. He did seem to back off in the face of logic re: opinions not equal fact. That is probably the most insane section of a thread I've ever read here.

Back to the Nothing chatter, and hopefully not a 3 to 4 month PO tying up funds. Just wait til you get the things in, Relapse, K?

Back to the Nothing chatter, and hopefully not a 3 to 4 month PO tying up funds. Just wait til you get the things in, Relapse, K?

That's a pipe dream these days. I wish labels would do it more often though.

you guys are on your game today lol 

tried to upvote you but I used all mine up after midnight upvoting and 'fixing' the down votes from that old thread Derek brought up on the Postrock /Instrumental thread with the whack that wrote "it's not real music unless there are lyrics."

Oh man, peeps did jump on him and I'd say were way tolerant and civil kind to that guy. He did seem to back off in the face of logic re: opinions not equal fact. That is probably the most insane section of a thread I've ever read here.

Don't worry, VC is on a mission to get rid of those useless votes anyway. ; )

But yes, back to the album, I'm stoked for this.

Just an FYI, Relapse doesn't charge until about a week before they ship.  So as long as you don't use PayPal, you can PO without worry about having the funds at the time :)

Fixed that for ya'.

You guys think this will top GOE?

I don't think there will be another B & E for me, but based on the earlier posts of Nothing using more instruments (strings most notably), I think it could be a "fuller" album.  Whether or not that translates to better music, who knows?