PO: *shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo - 2xLP Purple - 3rd Pressing

7 minutes ago, redroom said:

I do think that is a correct price. 

If I want to ship one record to the US it will cost you €14 ($15).

If you want 2 2xLP's that will cost you €28. 

This is without tracking! 

Last week I wanted to order the Drive LP that was released by Italians do it Better. The LP was $12 and shipping was $33.

This was the first time I contacted a label if this was really the best price they could offer because I have never seen a price this high. 

Nothing they could do about it. 

First time I didn't buy a record because of the shipping price. 

I think I bought about 100 records from the US in the last 24 months so I know what it is to pay high shipping price (average is about $20).

All I want to say is: if you want that record just buy it. Okay his response was shitty but you will forget about it when you listen to the music. 

And I don't have an issue with that, but in a previous email, he mentioned that Dhow was likely shipping from California. The response WAS shitty, and that was enough to warrant my money being spent elsewhere, regardless of how good the music is. Now, if you look at the picture posted, I don't think that shipping cost justifies being shipped between some cardboard. 

Got mine today. However, there was no DL code, and the A/B label was switched :( 
I'm not sure how to feel. I waited a long time to get this album, and it seems that they have undelivered what was promised. Plus, after seeing what was posted above, I'm a little worried to see how they will respond to my own email.

16 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Hate to say this but this pressing does not sound very good at all. Really noisy and a little bit flat overall. Pretty lame. My A/B labels were switched as well.

Don't take this too personally, but I really hope it's just you - I'm going to be pretty bummed out if a nine-month wait ends up being such a let down!

7 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Matt introduced me to this album and I fell in love, felt bad I couldn't spring for it but it's starting to look like I should just pay secondhand prices for one of the first 2 runs

I have the second press and it's flawless. I would definitely recommend not dealing with all the current press bs and go for an old one.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, adamha21 said:

Well add me to the list of fuck ups...got my order today, but they sent ATTAN instead of Manatees along with *shels

I still havent gotten an email back from them. That doesn't surprise me though. As much as I want SotDD, there is not way in hell im touching that any time soon. 

On 10/6/2016 at 9:49 AM, The Butcha said:

Hate to say this but this pressing does not sound very good at all. Really noisy and a little bit flat overall. Pretty lame. My A/B labels were switched as well.

Just listened and same...at least with labels. It's a complete mispress though...if you look in the run out groove the B side with the A label Has A in the runout groove and everything.  They fucked the pressing. My guess is every single album is this way.

I don't have the noise issues thankfully.

55 minutes ago, adamha21 said:

Just listened and same...at least with labels. It's a complete mispress though...if you look in the run out groove the B side with the A label Has A in the runout groove and everything.  They fucked the pressing. My guess is every single album is this way.

I don't have the noise issues thankfully.

I cleaned it really well and the noise issues have died down a good bit..thankfully. 

Mine sounds great. A/B switched but that is most likely the plants fault. I love the jacket thickness. Love the color choice. I'm a fan. I'd buy again. 

However, mine was shipped in the flattened box, it was a bit surprising to say the least. No damage though, luckily.

Edited by pemulis

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Despite the email response I had gotten, I had to take advantage of the free shipping to get Sea of the Dying Dhow.

Overall, it took almost the month to get here, it was packed well and shipped in a  proper mailer, and wrapped in bubble wrap inside the mailer. The product is beautiful, but like mentioned above, no DL code at all.

And to be fair, the regular shipping price of $16 (or whatever it was), makes no sense since it was packed and shipped from California, so the argument I had in my email to them was completely valid. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Despite the email response I had gotten, I had to take advantage of the free shipping to get Sea of the Dying Dhow.

Overall, it took almost the month to get here, it was packed well and shipped in a  proper mailer, and wrapped in bubble wrap inside the mailer. The product is beautiful, but like mentioned above, no DL code at all.

And to be fair, the regular shipping price of $16 (or whatever it was), makes no sense since it was packed and shipped from California, so the argument I had in my email to them was completely valid. 

Glad that worked out for you. Is shipping still free?