PO: O'Brother - Endless Light

• 2 weeks later...

Album's streaming! http://www.redbull.com/us/en/music/stories/1331783004866/o-brother-new-album-endless-light

Beaten to it! Anyway, this album absolutely slays. I was holding off until I could listen after not being totally blown away by the last album, but I'll be hounding for a copy now.

I dunno, maybe I'm too casual of an O'Brother fan. I feel like this album blends together with the first two to the point where I can't really tell what song is from what album.

I really liked a couple from this album, but it doesn't seem like their sound is evolving all that much.

Debating on cancelling my 180g. Maybe I'll keep it and hope a few spins will get me into it more.

Seems like every album thus far I'm pretty board by the end of the album. Maybe that's why I was more impressed with their live show.

I dunno, maybe I'm too casual of an O'Brother fan.

How to appreciate an O'Brother album:

1. Take LP out of jacket
  2. Open bottle of Whiskey
  3. Put LP on Turntable
  4. Drink straight out of Whiskey bottle
  5. Race the album.  By the time you're finished the album you should be finished the bottle.

I'm only kind of joking.

Yes, I've done this.

How to appreciate an O'Brother album:

• Take LP out of jacket
  • Open bottle of Whiskey
  • Put LP on Turntable
  • Drink straight out of Whiskey bottle
  • Race the album.  By the time you're finished the album you should be finish the bottle.
I'm only kind of joking.

Yes, I've done this.

Ha, maybe that's the trick.

Huh, same. I'm not happy about it, because it means I overpaid for this variant. So I emailed them, and it's time to play the waiting game.

yeah, I emailed Triple Crown and MerchDirect. Triple Crown responded, but just said to contact MerchDirect. I really don't care for color variants, and yeah, essentially overpaying has me pretty annoyed.