PO Converge - You Fail Me - 10 year Aniversary NOW

2 minutes ago, hoosierbrad said:

Please, keep asking. I'm sure you'll get an answer eventually. 

Sorry man, there was an issue with the site upgrade that was just sorted.  All of my post attempts were perpetually showing as 'saving' and not going through.  Couldn't see any threads update either.  I've gone ahead and deleted all the repetitive posts.

49 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Do does Newbury ever throw up leftovers of sold out titles in the event of pre-order cancellations or extra stock?  I don't order much from them so I've never kept an eye on this.

They have a couple retail stores so I'm sure they've held some copies for their brick and mortar shops.

On April 30, 2016 at 1:32 PM, mcpherson123 said:

Thanks for the support everyone.

This project has been a long time coming. Kurt really did a stellar job on the remixing. We never talked about it publicly, but we had some serious hurdles during the original mix session. The power kept going out on the block for hours at a time. Essentially killing our progress each day. It eventually was finished, but we always wish we had more time with it.

-J.

Having listened to just the title track of the Redux on soundcloud I will say this mix is drastically different. Like crazily different. I've always felt that YFM originally had a very unique mix and master and that was definitely part of its charm. It is a very dark, clouded sound but still super aggressive. This mix is explosive and in your face and also aggressive with a really bright attack. Its basically like the way the cover was flipped from all black background to all white background. It sounds literally like night and day versions. Its a very neat new perspective.

Were any performances retracked? I kind of feel like there's a drum fill near the end of "You Fail Me" (Redux) that I don't remember noticing in the original. It could just be the overall brightness that is bringing it to the forefront of my mind when listening now but I remember hearing the redux and thinking that was totally new.

Nothing re tracked. A lot of subtle things were lost in the original mix, are now audible. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Finally listened to the remixed title track and HOLY SHIT. This is going to practically feel like a new album. I'm super excited to spin this and I'm gonna hold off on any more digital listening.

Now if I could only experience Jane Doe for the first time again.

While that'd be awesome, the mix for JD is fucking great already...this new YFM remaster seems to have satisfied all issues I had with the original, though :)

Thanks for the support people.
No plans to ever revisit the recordings of JD, NH ATF, AWLWLB, etc.
Fun fact, the main reason we were compelled to remix/remaster "Petitioning..." and "When Forever..." was that EVR lost the original packaging and audio files for both those releases. As a band we've recently taken steps to digitally archive a lot of our catalog that was on tape that was degrading. Hopefully that sort of situation will never happen again.

-J.

Thanks for the insight, Jake. At first I wasn't too sure what to make of the 'remaster'-tag, with the original mix and album overall being pretty close to perfect to my ears, but you mentioning that you guys had never been completely satisfied with the results makes me all the more excited to listen to one of my all time favorite albums the way that the people who created it had wanted it to sound. 

I'll hold off of listening to streams of the new mix to keep my excitement on a maximum level until I put the needle on it and fully embrace what's there to explore. I know I will love it, as I did for the last ten years.

Also, Jake, your avatar is, by far, the best looking one after the 'circle takes the square'-update, so extra kudos for that.

3 hours ago, jbannon said:

The only place to now pre-order is deathwishinc.eu, but stock there is running low as well.

We are working on an additional press to meet demand. More news on that when we have it, thanks.

-J.

Please press up a black standard gram variant if its feasible.

4 hours ago, jbannon said:

Nothing re tracked. A lot of subtle things were lost in the original mix, are now audible. Thanks.

Thanks for the answer.

I think that the package of this is going to be very very nice.

I'm not sure but looking at this pic the sleeve seems to be gatefold. Aren't those two black & white panels the inside of the gatefold?

f43e163f-9732-4ab5-9695-99b5540e63c9.jpg

Also the inner sleeve looks super cool, never seen a triple gatefold inner sleeve before.

8dc16296-8bd5-4eed-b079-0e0565cc6aea.jpg

All the pics showed in the newsletter, including the pics of the discs, are actually photos and not mockups, like they already have sleeves and vinyl in stock, wondering why this won't ship until June 10.

Also, don't know where that info came from at the time but I read that this was going to include bonus track/s but actually it doesn't..