The S U R V I V E Thread - First album repressing, PO now

14 hours ago, axotyl said:

monofonus has a special edition of the new troller record in case anyone is interested (one of the SURVIVE dudes is in troller)

http://monofonuspress.com/store/troller

(artwork NSFW)

Details:

Red vinyl
Silkscreened cover/poster in addition to the standard cover
Hand numbered edition of 100
Lyric sheet insert

Thanks for this. How is this not sold out? I feel lucky to have scored a copy.

4 minutes ago, kisol said:

First press close to selling out through Relapse.  Less than 100 standard black copies left...

http://store.relapse.com/item/41044

Still readily available on Amoeba, Amazon, Rough Trade, etc though. Either way, awesome to see even the standard is selling well.

Relapse posted a single spare remaining Bone White earlier and I happen to refresh the page as it happened. Playing the lotto later.

21 hours ago, axotyl said:

monofonus has a special edition of the new troller record in case anyone is interested (one of the SURVIVE dudes is in troller)

(artwork NSFW)

Details:

Red vinyl
Lyric sheet insert

Cool album. Listened to it a couple times and decided to order it. Thanks.

22 hours ago, axotyl said:

(artwork NSFW)

Details:

Red vinyl
Lyric sheet insert

I really don't get how that artwork is NSFW, looks fine to me!

Anyway, got to get back to restocking these dildos and gimp masks. My boss has been on me all day about reorganizing....

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Guessing you mean the upcoming RR7349 release? Any other details?

http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/sep-16-member-store-vinyl-picks.3735/page-26#post-172066

Any shot of getting S U R V I V E in the store? Got hooked on Stranger Things.

yup, we're getting it

2 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Cool. Sounds like it'll just be a curated release on black, I also like that they say they're working on a special variant of Stranger Things - although, if anybody in the game isn't pursuing anything SURVIVE-related right now, they're on vacation.

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Cool. Sounds like it'll just be a curated release on black, I also like that they say they're working on a special variant of Stranger Things - although, if anybody in the game isn't pursuing anything SURVIVE-related right now, they're on vacation.

Yeah, I would expect them to just get some black to sell. Any other color would be a pleasant surprise. 

Same deal with any upcoming Stranger Things OST. Could they get a VMP exclusive colorway? Possible. 
Might it just be curated copies of whoever else puts it out? Probable. 

9 hours ago, freedumb said:

Crazy to think that as little as a month ago there was very little interest in this record, and copies were very easy and cheap to get.  Hype train!

Personally, I never knew of this band and glad I can support them in some way down the line. Its nice to have another new artist on the list to spin! If someone would have told me about this, I would have bought it right away! Glad they are getting recognition from the hype!

1 minute ago, bigdz68 said:

Personally, I never knew of this band and glad I can support them in some way down the line. Its nice to have another new artist on the list to spin! If someone would have told me about this, I would have bought it right away! Glad they are getting recognition from the hype!

I wasn't aware of them until I saw The Guest and fell in love with their two tracks on there - I thought that'd probably be the high point of their career, at least in terms of recognition. Glad I was way off.

15 hours ago, freedumb said:

Crazy to think that as little as a month ago there was very little interest in this record, and copies were very easy and cheap to get.  Hype train!

Yeah, even after seeing The Guest early last year, I wasn't totally impressed with them. But revisiting that movie and then hearing them score the overhyped Stranger Things definitely made me go back and listen to their music again. Some music just has to grow on you first.

I had just actually looked into the LP a few weeks ago when they were readily available but figured I would hold off on buying for a bit since I didn't NEED it - never imagined the hype train come to this level, but good for them. I'll snag a copy when the prices have settled or if I get lucky inbetween now and then.