WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

On 5/13/2016 at 5:32 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Not sure if this is old news or not, but apparently Waxwork's next project that they'll be working on is Lalo Schifrin's unused score to The Exorcist!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/music/3390944/waxwork-records-releasing-lalo-schifrins-unused-score-exorcist/

Pretty excited about this one.

On 5/13/2016 at 8:04 PM, Surface_Noise said:

Sooooo stoked for this!

On 5/13/2016 at 1:32 AM, jeffthomas84 said:

That Exorcist release !!

Out of curiosity, why are you guys so pumped for this? Have you heard the unused score? Isn't it only a very small amount of music? Not talking shit, mind you, just surprised to see such strong opinions in here about a relatively unheard and unheralded short piece of music.

Did anyone happen to pick up any extra copy of either of the Warriors Variants they would be willing to part with!? I totally did not expect it to sell out that fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated I was waiting for this release for a long time. PM me if anyone can help. Thanks alot either way!

20 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Cause anything The Exorcist > everything.

But it isn't really the Exorcist since the music only appears in one trailer you've likely never seen. That said, in general, I agree: The Exorcist is the bestorcist.

20 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

I'm kind of excited for the exorcist but I don't know how I feel about it. If it doesn't have that main theme on it then it's not really the exorcist. So I most likely won't be buying it because of that. 

It in fact has no music your good self, or anyone else, would associate with the film.

17 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

I think the whole story about it is fascinating, plus the pieces I've heard from it on youtube are pretty great.

I think the story is pretty cool, too, but not an uncommon one; there are several "rejected" scores that have seen releases, both official and unofficial. The little bit of the score I've heard is very atonal and, again, everywhere I've read makes it sound like only 10-15 minutes of music was recorded. I guess I'm interested for any number of reasons you all have raised, but I'll be curious to see how much music is on this release and of what quality before really making up my mind.

4 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Interesting, I've never seen this one. Its been on my list for years.

I must confess, it's been years for me as well. I have two questions. One, there are thirty copies of the original US LP on Discogs right now and the most it ever sold for was $20 and the average is $9 so is there more music on here than has been previously released or are they relying on a snazzy LP presentation and the film's relative obscurity to raise interest in the score at a higher pricepoint? Second, and speaking of the presentation, I wonder how the glitter part will work? Glitter pretty well stinks in any form. Except as a prank. I wonder if this will somehow be sealed in so that it can't get all over...well, everything. 

Side Note: Clerk, was it you who posted the W$YK teaser from a couple of months back (I can't be arsed to look on my phone)? I think I guessed Buckaroo Banzai at the time, but this new tease seals the deal for me.

45 minutes ago, docbronze said:

I must confess, it's been years for me as well. I have two questions. One, there are thirty copies of the original US LP on Discogs right now and the most it ever sold for was $20 and the average is $9 so is there more music on here than has been previously released or are they relying on a snazzy LP presentation and the film's relative obscurity to raise interest in the score at a higher pricepoint? Second, and speaking of the presentation, I wonder how the glitter part will work? Glitter pretty well stinks in any form. Except as a prank. I wonder if this will somehow be sealed in so that it can't get all over...well, everything. 

Side Note: Clerk, was it you who posted the W$YK teaser from a couple of months back (I can't be arsed to look on my phone)? I think I guessed Buckaroo Banzai at the time, but this new tease seals the deal for me.

That was me, I vaguely remember the image but I'm pretty sure it was similar to this and part of the same release. 

It'll probably have added musical cues and notes from composer/director, with a snazzy new jacket my guess it'll be $27 plus shipping. Same as Tales from the Darkside and Black Christmas.

20 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

That was me, I vaguely remember the image but I'm pretty sure it was similar to this and part of the same release. 

It'll probably have added musical cues and notes from composer/director, with a snazzy new jacket my guess it'll be $27 plus shipping. Same as Tales from the Darkside and Black Christmas.

I'm 100% certain that it was a preview of this same release. Those images are directly from the film as well; they just didn't jog my memory at the time.

2 hours ago, clerk3745 said:
Another movie I am unfamiliar with but I'm sure some here dig.

Really good film and score. You can listen to some of it on youtube. 1981 version, not the remake.

I'm pretty bummed about this being the sub variant though. I don't like transparent color vinyl, so will most likely grab a different variant.

• 2 weeks later...