WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

10 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

http://waxworkrecords.com/blogs/news/waxwork-records-2017-subscription

So Evil Dead 2 is going to be a subscriber exclusive?

Where do you get that from?  It just says "and some bonus surprises throughout 2017 that are exclusive only to Waxwork Records Subscribers"

Whatever those "bonus surprises" are, those will probably be what's exclusive.  Not the record itself.

15 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

http://waxworkrecords.com/blogs/news/waxwork-records-2017-subscription

So Evil Dead 2 is going to be a subscriber exclusive?

Nope. Just subscriber-only variants of each of those scores. It seems unlikely they would have polled the general public and then not sell it to them. Plus that license is a money-maker; it would be short-sighted to limit it to just a few hundred pressings at most. Not in for the Sub, but definitely looking forward to ED2 and Don't Look Now. Not sure about the other three.

Edited by docbronze

11 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Decent lineup for the subscription, but I'm definitely bummed that the discount dropped from 18% or 10%.  Does anyone know if the 2016 subscriber discount can be used to purchase the 2017 sub?

Good question.  I doubt it though.  I'm a little bummed the discount went down, but it looks like they'll be giving better extras.

42 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

$205....Waxwork is definitely the PREMIERE rip-off label. That makes every LP about $41. So if some of them are single LPs, you are paying a super high market price for a soundtrack. This is all laughable at best.

The fact that it includes the shipping plus a lot of extras (the discount, poster, pin, t-shirt, and more) - I'd hardly say it's laughable.  The subscription might not be for everyone, but Waxwork does a great job on their releases.  To each his own.  

59 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

The fact that it includes the shipping plus a lot of extras (the discount, poster, pin, t-shirt, and more) - I'd hardly say it's laughable.  The subscription might not be for everyone, but Waxwork does a great job on their releases.  To each his own.  

Keep in mind that the discount went down from 18% to 10% for subbers. Waxwork def believes in overpricing their product because of demand. Let's think about that Warriors "box set" that went for $125. And the only difference between it and the 2xLP is a cardboard box and patches. That's an $85 price difference. Lol.

5 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Keep in mind that the discount went down from 18% to 10% for subbers. Waxwork def believes in overpricing their product because of demand. Let's think about that Warriors "box set" that went for $125. And the only difference between it and the 2xLP is a cardboard box and patches. That's an $85 price difference. Lol.

WW CN GG

Edited by KingTacoMunster

28 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

My point was about this new subscription, and the fact that it isn't that laughable considering everything you will end up getting with it and the fact that the subscriber variants can't be bought alone.  Yeah the discount going down sucks, but overall if you are into all of most of the titles they're offering - it's a good deal (nothing in the last subscription was as big as Evil Dead 2 is going to be ).  The additions alone that they're giving with this one are different than other subscriptions (the Ghoulish Gary poster, Evil Dead 2 shirt, etc). 

No arguments on the Warriors box set.   It was overpriced - but a lot of what Mondo (or other vinyl soundtrack companies) has sold can be considered overpriced as well.  Vinyl in general (with a very few exceptions) is overpriced anymore.

6 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

My point was about this new subscription, and the fact that it isn't that laughable considering everything you will end up getting with it and the fact that the subscriber variants can't be bought alone.  Yeah the discount going down sucks, but overall if you are into all of most of the titles they're offering - it's a good deal (nothing in the last subscription was as big as Evil Dead 2 is going to be ).  The additions alone that they're giving with this one are different than other subscriptions (the Ghoulish Gary poster, Evil Dead 2 shirt, etc). 

No arguments on the Warriors box set.   It was overpriced - but a lot of what Mondo (or other vinyl soundtrack companies) has sold can be considered overpriced as well.  Vinyl in general (with a very few exceptions) is overpriced anymore.

Agreed! Point made. That being said. I am interested in Don't Look Now.

Edited by tetsuodaironman

That was one of the most civil disagreements I've seen on this website. Props.

Interested in Evil Dead 2 soundtrack, but I probably won't subscribe. I thought they already released the Babadook soundtrack. I feel like we've been hearing about that since 2015.

4 hours ago, bigdz68 said:

Funny the current subscribers didn't hear about this yet. Hopefully they just send out an email offering early renewal...

but either way thanks for the heads up!

I don't think early renewal matters with Waxwork. I believe their subscriptions are open enrollment so there won't be a hard cap, of say five hundred subs, but rather anyone who wants one can get one for the three or four weeks that the subs are on offer.

12 hours ago, docbronze said:

I don't think early renewal matters with Waxwork. I believe their subscriptions are open enrollment so there won't be a hard cap, of say five hundred subs, but rather anyone who wants one can get one for the three or four weeks that the subs are on offer.

Damn fine point! I swore they sold out last year but I also jumped on it the second it went onsale. They could leave an open cap for sure...sometimes my brain just fails to think when I post on here.

So i'm kind of bugged that the 2016 subscriber discount code has been removed as a checkout option from the site.  If you go back and look at the 2016 sub sale page it clearly states in bold font: 

• 18% off everything from Waxwork Records web store in 2016

2016 isn't over.  And the 2017 sub should have the ability for the discount to be applied.

5 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

So i'm kind of bugged that the 2016 subscriber discount code has been removed as a checkout option from the site.  If you go back and look at the 2016 sub sale page it clearly states in bold font: 

• 18% off everything from Waxwork Records web store in 2016

2016 isn't over.  And the 2017 sub should have the ability for the discount to be applied.

Agreed that the 18% should exist through the end of the calendar year, but  they've stated up front in the past that the discount doesn't apply to shipping or subscriptions. In fact, of the four or five different labels I've had subs with, I've never been able to apply a subscriber discount towards a new subscription.