Drive-Thru 26 teaser....

On 4/29/2024 at 9:09 AM, drewberinger said:

all those tests presses DTR is selling - guess no one bothered to listen to them lol 

This is what I don’t get. Like, maybe you can get by ignoring quality concerns and just approve whatever horrible sounding record. But seems super low bar to have some intern listen to the < 3 test presses that come in every week and say “Yes all the songs are there” and “Yes the labels and artwork we approved are in the right order” that’s like $50 of labor to avoid burning tens of thousands on represses.

44 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

This is what I don’t get. Like, maybe you can get by ignoring quality concerns and just approve whatever horrible sounding record. But seems super low bar to have some intern listen to the < 3 test presses that come in every week and say “Yes all the songs are there” and “Yes the labels and artwork we approved are in the right order” that’s like $50 of labor to avoid burning tens of thousands on represses.

i also haven't gotten any shipping notice for NFG. I wasn't aware those were already going out. 

7 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

i also haven't gotten any shipping notice for NFG. I wasn't aware those were already going out. 

Which version did you get?

I got the standard, ‘non-3D’ insert and been only seeing that one and the UO version floating around online.  If you ordered one with the 3D glasses or bundles maybe it’s holding up the order.

4 hours ago, fuckinandsuckinandtouchin said:

Which version did you get?

I got the standard, ‘non-3D’ insert and been only seeing that one and the UO version floating around online.  If you ordered one with the 3D glasses or bundles maybe it’s holding up the order.

Just had to go back and look. I got a non-3D one - Color In Color (Clear + Aqua). I guess I'll shoot over an email. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sent an email to DTR earlier this week, and got this reply from their customer service 30 minutes ago. 

"Hello,  I apologize  for not responding earlier or reaching out preemptively, but I’ve been waiting for the responses from various parties regarding how to move forward… At this point, I’m not sure if you are aware of the issue with the pressing of New Found Glory’s “From The Screen To Your Stereo Pt. 2”, but it is missing track 3… We have reached out to all parties involved and I would like to say first that this result in faulty manufacturing is NOT the fault of New Found Glory, or of Drive Thru Records…

I have been searching for a solution that frankly won’t bankrupt what we have had here. It has been a difficult year already and after personnel changes we feel that we have addressed the areas that needed more attention, and more importantly, can ensure that we won’t have the difficulties that we (and you) have been experiencing. I have been in touch with the manufacturing plant, and we are going to repress all copies of this printing of “From The Screen To Your Stereo Pt. 2”, and we will ship these out to you.

Further, your order of this record will get you early access (via email) to the next release from New Found Glory that we will be pressing later this year. 

I know and understand that it is frustrating to wait for these to be shipped, delays in manufacturing, and then to have this happen; I assure you that it has been nothing short of a nightmare on my side and that I’m doing all that I can to try and make this right for you, the band, and all the fans"

Glad they're rectifying the missing track! Just wish they shared this info proactively. I guess time will tell how this goes

On 5/10/2024 at 7:23 PM, marc32137 said:

Honestly, how could it not be DTR’s fault if they’re supposed to approve the tests beforehand? 

And I wonder what other NFG release they’re planning on releasing this year. Finally another NGCS repress? Or the first FTSTYS?

Just about the only scenario that makes sense is that they previously rejected a test press missing track 3 and then approved a fixed one but then the plant used the wrong plates for the final product.

12 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Just about the only scenario that makes sense is that they previously rejected a test press missing track 3 and then approved a fixed one but then the plant used the wrong plates for the final product.

I thought about that too, and it’s plausible for sure. But you’d think the bad plates would’ve been destroyed after they were rejected as a precaution. 

3 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

I thought about that too, and it’s plausible for sure. But you’d think the bad plates would’ve been destroyed after they were rejected as a precaution. 

Yea, I’m sure they probably just didn’t play the tests or didn’t pay close attention when doing so. Just figured I’d weigh in that it IS possible they weren’t at fault.