Drive-Thru 26 teaser....

4 hours ago, littlebistro said:

Is anyone else feeling weird about giving DTR a bunch of money up front for things that aren’t in hand?

no. they're no different than other company doing preorders. And they've not done anything sketchy/they've fulfilled every preorder they've had (which includes from their sister companies/labels - Take This To Heart/Parting Gift),

5 hours ago, littlebistro said:

Is anyone else feeling weird about giving DTR a bunch of money up front for things that aren’t in hand?

I’m DTR / Parting Gift / Take This To Fart’s biggest critic, but even I don’t think you should feel weird about preordering from them. They always fulfill every preorder and promise.

You should, however, feel a little goofy about giving them your hard earned money for a subpar product to most modern records manufactured  these days. You can expect a thin jacket, gatefold or otherwise. The records are standard 140g but can arrive warped due to their fulfillment company not including packing material in the mailers. It’s a volume game and cash grab at the end of the day. Less focus on quality / presentation. It’s a shame these classic releases are getting bare bones treatment. 

For instance, I would LOVE to see (in person) the difference between The Early November - “The Mother, The Mechanic, and the Path” 3xLP from DTR / Parting Gift versus the version that TDR Records did years ago. TDR knocked that out of the park.

34 minutes ago, 1876records said:

I’m DTR / Parting Gift / Take This To Fart’s biggest critic, but even I don’t think you should feel weird about preordering from them. They always fulfill every preorder and promise.

You should, however, feel a little goofy about giving them your hard earned money for a subpar product to most modern records manufactured  these days. You can expect a thin jacket, gatefold or otherwise. The records are standard 140g but can arrive warped due to their fulfillment company not including packing material in the mailers. 

💯

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Take This to Heart Records newsletter:

"A quick tease for 2024 for T3H: We will have new LP’s from Barely Civil, Snarls, Girl K & more + we’ve signed a handful of bands that we can’t wait to show y’all! In PGR world we will continue putting out some wild reissues and first time records on vinyl, should have 8-12 all set for you. Drive-Thru Records is poised to have another 8-12 releases of your fav bands / merch / and a very big surprise sometime in 2024!"

21 hours ago, fuckinandsuckinandtouchin said:

bought Finch’s WIITB from their warehouse ‘finds’ on 11/24.. still didn’t ship yet 🙄

Not Drive Thru, but same company, I ordered the Farewell album on 11/22 and says in hand and shipping and mine hasn't shipped either. They usually take awhile to ship, I'd say either next week or first week of January.

9 minutes ago, FavoriteSights&Sounds said:

Not Drive Thru, but same company, I ordered the Farewell album on 11/22 and says in hand and shipping and mine hasn't shipped either. They usually take awhile to ship, I'd say either next week or first week of January.

22 hours ago, fuckinandsuckinandtouchin said:

bought Finch’s WIITB from their warehouse ‘finds’ on 11/24.. still didn’t ship yet 🙄

I emailed PGR over a month ago with a question and they didn't answer lol.

6 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I emailed PGR over a month ago with a question and they didn't answer lol.

TTTYH actually replied, but copied the shipping manager who didn’t reply.. twice haha giving it until the end of the week and disputing.. then grabbing a copy on Discogs for a few dollars more.

Two years in a row I bought test pressing from them on Black Friday and waited months to get them. These were for records that were already pressed and shipped. So clearly they had the test pressing in hand. I just checked my email and I was still emailing them in March about when they would ship and finally got them. This year I cut my losses and gave up on collecting test from them, as the prices had also gotten higher. 

16 hours ago, hookups96 said:

Two years in a row I bought test pressing from them on Black Friday and waited months to get them. These were for records that were already pressed and shipped. So clearly they had the test pressing in hand. I just checked my email and I was still emailing them in March about when they would ship and finally got them. This year I cut my losses and gave up on collecting test from them, as the prices had also gotten higher. 

This is my situation as well. I ordered a test press and waited close to 6 months without hearing from them about it even after I reached out multiple times. I ultimately had to open a paypal dispute to get my money back.

1 hour ago, dangerbirds said:

Can anyone with a copy of the previous  MMP or FAOT presses comment on the quality/mastering? My CDs are long gone and whatever Spotify is hosting doesn't sound great. 

If Spotify sounds bad then I highly doubt the digital files pressed are going to sound any better 

16 hours ago, dangerbirds said:

Can anyone with a copy of the previous  MMP or FAOT presses comment on the quality/mastering? My CDs are long gone and whatever Spotify is hosting doesn't sound great. 

MMP sounds okay. Certainly not remastered for vinyl or anything. I don’t have FAOT but I’m sure that 34 minutes of CD sourced audio squeezed onto a 10” sounds like shit. The CDs definitely sound the best - fuck Spotify for their compressed shenanigans. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...