[PO] Slowdive – Everything Is Alive

7 minutes ago, glass realms said:

L.A. show was $70 each incl fees for both nights. i bought pre-sale ticket for the first night on Wednesday and then jumped on the second night about 10 mins after it went on sale yesterday.

Yup, $30 fee per ticket in Seattle too. I had $40 tickets in my cart but gave them up since I just couldn’t get over paying that much given the poor venue. Hoping they announce a show in Vancouver, I’ll gladly travel  for that.

On 6/17/2023 at 3:47 AM, bjorn said:

This is exciting. The self-titled album has held up really well, it's right up there with Souvlaki in my opinion. However, the pressing for it was terrible, my copy is not even worth listening to. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

You gotta look for a black RTI pressing dude, I have it and it's one of the best-sounding albums in my collection.  Dead quiet, and just.... perfect.  I see all the comments on Discogs tho, that's mind-blowing. 

Also, for this one Turntable Labs has a green that they said is limited to 2,000.  I made an order with them, and the shipped everything in my order already except that lol.  Looks the same as the other one listed tho?

https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/lab-of-the-moment/products/slowdive-everything-is-alive-colored-vinyl-lp-turntable-lab-exclusivespacer.png

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

You gotta look for a black RTI pressing dude, I have it and it's one of the best-sounding albums in my collection.  Dead quiet, and just.... perfect.  I see all the comments on Discogs tho, that's mind-blowing. 

Also, for this one Turntable Labs has a green that they said is limited to 2,000.  I made an order with them, and the shipped everything in my order already except that lol.  Looks the same as the other one listed tho?

https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/lab-of-the-moment/products/slowdive-everything-is-alive-colored-vinyl-lp-turntable-lab-exclusivespacer.png

It’s the same version as the European green.  Turntable lab is just the exclusive US retailer for it.  

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, morfiend said:

I’m not a huge fan of prayer remembered and its placement as track 2 is kinda odd. I also wish the album was longer but overall I’m enjoying it.  

yeah that's a huge flex tbh, putting an instrumental as track 2 on a short album. i find myself skipping it, the Kisses single, and the 7 minute song that just repeats the same synth arp and thinking of it as a great EP :D 

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

yeah that's a huge flex tbh, putting an instrumental as track 2 on a short album. i find myself skipping it, the Kisses single, and the 7 minute song that just repeats the same synth arp and thinking of it as a great EP :D 

Kisses is a catchy track but it sounds too much like something off of the s/t album. Agreed though, if they cut a couple of tracks it would be an amazing EP.

Got my copy today and I'm finishing it up right now. Pretty great. Thought I was going to be disappointed judging by a lot of the reactions in here, but y'all are just crazy. 😉

Also got that posthumous Sparklehorse album today and it's pretty darn good too.