NHL Discussion

He looked like he was trying to body him and get in position to make a play on the puck. I hope Toews is OK and the result certainly looked bad but I'm not seeing anything intentional here. Especially considering it was Seidenberg. 

It's fashionable to hate the Bruins, and that's fine, but really, nothing to see here. 

I hear you to an extent, but I don't think we want a league where there are areas that are off-limits for player contact, not to imply that is what you were suggesting, just making a point. There wasn't an excessive use of force here but there was some body contact, which isn't abnormal when trying to win possession of the puck.

Had Toews braced or leaned into the contact rather than turning away we might also see a different result. I don't think either player is at fault here, just an unfortunate result from an acquired play. I hope it doesn't stir too much bad blood between the teams, Hawks vs. Bruins are usually pretty great, clean games.

Not sure what it is about the Caps but it seems like anytime they take a lead in the 3rd, they give up a goal shortly after and lose in OT. Just sit back and play some good D for 10 minutes and you win that game. So frustrating.

forreal - bobrovsky stopped so many shots, good for him, but we outplayed CLS and should have had that shit.  At least it was an OT loss so we get the point but ugh! could have been 4 in a row :(

i have a little bit of an idea, although the Kings gradually got better every year in their rebuild.

Yeah, the 2000s were probably rough for you...but we're in year 8 of a rebuild, and in a worse place than 2006-07. I really didn't think things could get worse than last season. Oh well. We've gotta start winning eventually....right?

Not at this rate. It was only minutely a coaching problem. It's an entire management problem. MacTavish has his head so far up his own ass I'm not surprised for a second he throws himself behind the bench again. 

What do you even do at this point other than clean house? Management, roster, everything. Even if you get McDavid what then? The attitude of that entire team is such garbage, especially from his would-be younger peers, that it's probably the worst place possible for the kid to be. Draisatl can't even get his teammates to stick up for him, McDavid will be squashed in seconds. 

EDIT: sorry for the rant. It just seems like some real Toronto type bullshit going on and I feel so bad for these kids careers and the stellar prospects in their system. They all suffer because some fucking suits can't see past their own bullshit.