What video games have you been playing?

Question for the no-lifer ;)

Do you keep gaining new abilities even after you hit the cap? I switched to my subclass at 15 and I've been unlocking skills even when I don't level up in #. That continues, right? I was pretty surprised that the subclass takes you back to base and you have to regain double jump etc.

Yeah I found out that the class unlocks have their own xp bar in the menu. It wa just coincidence that new levels kept unlocking new abilities.

There's a new vendor downstairs in the tower and holy shit does he have nice things. I'm sad I won't be able to get the hunter helmet

So much this.  Cut scenes and dialogue have always felt super ham-fisted and even a little awkward in the Halo series.  I'm getting the same impression from the few I've caught on Destiny so far.  But I suppose we can't all weave a tale like Naughty Dog can.

Anyways, I got a very late start to the game and am currently level 4, just messing around and trying to find better weapons.  I'm avoiding any strikes or fireteam-based missions until I find others to play with... but considering my low level, that may prove to be a little more challenging.  I hope to make some good progress today.

(Also, apologies to you, Batman, for not making it on last night as I intended.  I know you said you'll be around today.  If you and-or another VCer happen to be on and want to form a party, let me know.  I'd be down.)

no worries man, i figured i was the one who flaked on you haha. i called it a night at like 10:30, which is only 8:30 for you. i'll be on most of the day today. breaking to take my wife out to dinner and watch about the first half of the baylor game. then on tonight fa sho.

i'm having more fun than i thought i would on first impression. best parts are the story missions and strikes imo. i'm at level 14. 

the most impressive thing to me is how smooth it runs. i haven't had any glitches or boots from the server and everything looks incredible. content aside, the presentation really is incredible. 

on the flip side, i probably enjoyed titanfall more, but was letdown by xbox in regards to server and matchmaking fails. i remember when i bought it, i didn't even get to play it the first night because of the long install and XBL being down. destiny has been smooth sailing.

i remember when i bought it, i didn't even get to play it the first night because of the long install and XBL being down. destiny has been smooth sailing.

I remember that! i was incredibly pissed because i just dropped $500 on an xb1 and couldn't play it because xbox live was down

the most impressive thing to me is how smooth it runs. i haven't had any glitches or boots from the server and everything looks incredible. content aside, the presentation really is incredible. 

Holy shit, haha.  I just now selected The Tower in Destiny, and while the game was loading I read your post.  Took two steps and an error displayed, saying I was "removed from the game world" due to an error.  First and only hiccup I've encountered.  And such an ironic one at that.

It was the first major multiplayer release on a new console with a new server set-up. I think it actually went pretty well considering!

I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny had the same issues had it come first. I have had some issue with people getting booted randomly from my Fireteam mid-mission but I think it might be their network set-up. 

Diablo 3 is awesome. Much better then I thought it would be. When I think of console port I don't think of quality but it plays like it was meant to be on a console. They did a really good on it. I prefer the console version over the pc. For you Destiny guys what class are you playing? I am a level 17 Warlock. Pretty fragile class but deals a bunch of damage.

Bravely Default, FF 3d remakes, Zelda Link Between Worlds, Lugis Mansion all good games!

Man Im so torn about taking the XBone back (havent opened it) having the PS4, PS3, XBOX360 and a Wii U. The only 2 games I want are master chief collection and Halo 5. Not sure its worth it for a $400 system +games. Considering by Halo 5s release it will prob be a few hundred cheaper.