What video games have you been playing?

2 hours ago, curator said:

Anyone playing RE7?  I'm liking so far.   Shit's scary.

Played about 2.5 hours last night. Love it. Such a return to form and it's scary as hell. Had to take a break because I was so tense and anxious. Just got the shotgun and working on the basement section. Runs beautifully on PS4 Pro. 

Personally im excited that DLC is coming out so soon. I know a lot of people get pissed about that saying that "it should've just been in the game" but I never end up buying DLC when it comes out months and years after a games release. 

Edited by museummouth

Resident Evil 7 is terrifying, and extremely solid unlike a lot of games similar to it (looking at you, Outlast).

I also just bought a 3TB Seagate external drive for my Xbox. I got very tired of deleting a game from the HDD every time I bought or rented a new game. Totally worth it since Halo Master Chief Collection can finally be installed at all times. 67 gigs is a lot to wait on when someone says "Let's play Halo!"

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, museummouth said:

Finished RE7 the other day and loved it! A bit short but such an amazing game. Going for the speed run trophy now and then I'm going to tackle madhouse mode.

Do an easy mode run to get all the antique coins, steroids, and all that shit first. It'll make madhouse a cakewalk from what I hear. 

I just got Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition for $32 last week and couldn't be happier. Best fps in a very, very long time. 

10 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

What does this mean?

Non Japanese developed PS4 exclusives I guess. Not playing The Last Guardian is a mistake in my book, but I understand games like that aren't for everyone. Same thing for Bloodborne, awesome game but keeping the list non-Japanese:

All the classic PS3 remakes if you missed those before.

Uncharted 4

Infamous Second Sun

Until Dawn

MLB The Show

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

What does this mean?

51 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Non Japanese developed PS4 exclusives I guess. Not playing The Last Guardian is a mistake in my book, but I understand games like that aren't for everyone. Same thing for Bloodborne, awesome game but keeping the list non-Japanese:

All the classic PS3 remakes if you missed those before.

Uncharted 4

Infamous Second Sun

Until Dawn

MLB The Show

41 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah, excluding all games developed in Japan seems silly to me considering how many games come from there. To each their own though, I guess.

I had Ico and SotC on PS3 and wasn't into them. I know the Last Guardian is the same developer and don't see myself being very interested in it. I don't like Dark Souls and I know Bloodborne is similar but more difficult. 

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and obviously I know those are developed in Japan, so I guess I should've said "no games that are blatantly Japanese as fuck" like Yakuza, Final Fantasy, and that kinda shit. I don't like the mechanics of most Japanese games. 

Obviously I'm getting all the Uncharted games. The first three are pretty good, and the fourth looks alright. Infamous is another must. The first two are fucking awesome, my favorite exclusives from PS3. Until Dawn is a maybe, I'm not too interested in the interactive cutscenes genre. 

My fuckin' bad for having a preference though. This thread didn't get bumped for over a week and I ask one simple question, then get hit with "What you got against Japan, bruh?"

43 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I had Ico and SotC on PS3 and wasn't into them. I know the Last Guardian is the same developer and don't see myself being very interested in it. I don't like Dark Souls and I know Bloodborne is similar but more difficult. 

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and obviously I know those are developed in Japan, so I guess I should've said "no games that are blatantly Japanese as fuck" like Yakuza, Final Fantasy, and that kinda shit. I don't like the mechanics of most Japanese games. 

Obviously I'm getting all the Uncharted games. The first three are pretty good, and the fourth looks alright. Infamous is another must. The first two are fucking awesome, my favorite exclusives from PS3. Until Dawn is a maybe, I'm not too interested in the interactive cutscenes genre. 

My fuckin' bad for having a preference though. This thread didn't get bumped for over a week and I ask one simple question, then get hit with "What you got against Japan, bruh?"

Lol.

The Last of Us is solid,  Horizon: Zero Dawn will probably be up your alley, Ratchet and Clank maybe? Hopefully none of those are too "Japanesey" for you. ;)

Edit: And be fair, nobody jumped down your throat or anything. Japan just puts out solid games.

not an exclusive, but I enjoy Star Wars Battlefront quite a bit.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I don't think anyone was jumping down your throat.  This is the part where – were I a bigger man – I'd bite my tongue and resist the urge to call your knee-jerk reaction one of "butthurt" caliber, since you ironically award that label to a lot of my posts.  But alas.  The irony is too good and I am not that big of a man.  I'm going to chalk it up to a lack of sleep with the newborn and what not, but please chill out and realize the board isn't out to get you.  Looking at the posts that followed yours, it seems like most people were just trying to figure out what you meant.