Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

12 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I wonder if someone found a stash of Backspacer records. They have been selling for a fairly high amount, but today I see a bunch of sealed copies on Bay available from different sellers. Cheapest is around 27.

It's up and Amazon (3rd Party Sellers only at this stage) and Deep Discount also, so I'd guess it's a repress. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised that I haven't sprung for any of these colored repressings. I already have originals, so I guess I am being "sensible". Or I'm just not giving a shit about multiple variants.  My bank account will be so much happier. And I will be able to travel more.😜

• 3 months later...

Shipping for me was $13.30...plus taxes (which I still feel is a bunch of bullshit)...so my order total came out to $76.26. 

Very much on the high end for an LP and a 7".

I could justify & excuse it by saying "BUT IT'S PEARL JAM, DAMNIT!!!"...but that only can go so far. Sadly, everything is going up in costs and prices these days. 

My first impression seeing that album artwork? *puke* 'God this is bound to be horrible'...

Then I listened to the single. Wow. That was great.  Was energetic. Eddie sounded great. Enjoyed the melody and song structure. Hand up - I'm not a huge PJ fan (other than their early 90's stuff), so I haven't paid attention to really anything they've put out this century. Is this a 'return to form' or in line with their recent stuff?

Honestly, I'm just peeved that I'm going to have to buy this record when it comes out and this artwork is so damn bad. 

Edited by ethanpricington

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Shipping for me was $13.30...plus taxes (which I still feel is a bunch of bullshit)...so my order total came out to $76.26. 

Very much on the high end for an LP and a 7".

I could justify & excuse it by saying "BUT IT'S PEARL JAM, DAMNIT!!!"...but that only can go so far. Sadly, everything is going up in costs and prices these days. 

They fixed the shipping costs issue, it was indeed an error. You still made out, though, looks like you got a combined shipping price. It now comes out to $20.19 to ship the LP and a 7". 

1 hour ago, ethanpricington said:

My first impression seeing that album artwork? *puke* 'God this is bound to be horrible'...

Then I listened to the single. Wow. That was great.  Was energetic. Eddie sounded great. Enjoyed the melody and song structure. Hand up - I'm not a huge PJ fan (other than their early 90's stuff), so I haven't paid attention to really anything they've put out this century. Is this a 'return to form' or in line with their recent stuff?

Honestly, I'm just peeved that I'm going to have to buy this record when it comes out and this artwork is so damn bad. 

I was NOT a fan of their last album, except for one odd song. This song, to me, reveals a more powerful sound than we've not seen in a long time. I don't mind their lighter ballad stuff, I was a big fan of the Lightning Bolt album. This new song has me very excited and hopeful that we're going to get a whole album of rocking songs with heavy as hell drums. We will see...

It is painful to look at the 10C boards, right now. So many pointless, duplicate threads and idiotic bitching and arguing. I get people are excited, but the barrage of fretting and frothing at the mouth is too much. Thank you for reading my bitch about people bitching post. Had to get it out. Carry on.