PO: SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE "Diary" dbl LP, "LP2" re

Guest admin1338560633

4 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

You really should. It's one of the most influential emo albums of all time, as well as one of the best albums of all time in general. You can grab a black remaster for like $16. Well worth it. 

I've heard it, just don't own it. There's a sealed copy for $14 locally :)

Edited by throughbeingcruel

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I've heard it, just don't own it. There's a sealed copy for $14 locally :)

Oh, I'm not saying you haven't. I mean, who hasn't heard Diary? Haha. Just saying it's a must own. And damn, that's most cheap. Definitely grab it. Diary is one of those 'I can't decide what to listen to so I'll out on [insert album here]" albums. It never gets old. 

14 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Oh, I'm not saying you haven't. I mean, who hasn't heard Diary? Haha. Just saying it's a must own. And damn, that's most cheap. Definitely grab it. Diary is one of those 'I can't decide what to listen to so I'll out on [insert album here]" albums. It never gets old. 

Agreed, and it's monumental to the emo scene. I feel like record collectors should always have albums like that in their collection. Even if you listen to Diary or Four Minute Mile or 24 Hour Revenge Therapy just a couple times a year, you should fucking own them because their so important. 

And yeah, I get really lucky with this local shop that mainly sells overpriced classic rock reissues. When they get a new emo/punk release or reissue, it's always fucking cheap. 

41 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I care so much that my envy is seething up into festering bile.:D

Also, anyone who has a copy of this and would like to trade it for a nice bunch of other records, just message me!

Ha!!!

me and a few other people I know (two on this board) were trying to figure out how many of these actually existed

and wanted to start tracking them, alla Chunk King..  

where in the world are the rest of these SDRE's?

Edited by thepunkguy

16 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

1. Why is two discs a bad thing? Isn't it well-known that this generally improves audio quality?

2. While it's not the same for this record, OG Diary was missing a few tracks to fit on one disc.

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't think he's saying it being a 2xlp is a bad thing, just that it will make the single hold its value even more, and if you don't like flipping records 4 times, maybe the 1xlp is better for you.

The original CD had the same number of tracks as the original LP, I don't think tracks were left off in order to fit on one LP. The two tracks added onto the 2LP reissue - Song #8 and Song #9 - were released as the Thief, Steal Me A Peach 7" in 1993, prior to Diary in 1994. They are bonus tracks on the 2LP reissues. 

I'd rather have a single LP original album without bonus tracks. I recently picked up an original LP2 for a good price and hope to one day find an original or 1st RP, single LP of Diary too.

25 minutes ago, jeromium said:

The original CD had the same number of tracks as the original LP, I don't think tracks were left off in order to fit on one LP. The two tracks added onto the 2LP reissue - Song #8 and Song #9 - were released as the Thief, Steal Me A Peach 7" in 1993, prior to Diary in 1994. They are bonus tracks on the 2LP reissues. 

I'd rather have a single LP original album without bonus tracks. I recently picked up an original LP2 for a good price and hope to one day find an original or 1st RP, single LP of Diary too.

No, they had to cut three of the original 11 songs for the first pressing single LP

48 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Dom is talking about OG Diary vs 2xLP  reissue of it.

You're right about LP2 though.