PO: SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE "Diary" dbl LP, "LP2" re

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image][image]

SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE "Diary" dbl LP remastered

SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE "LP2" remastered

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=sunny&sku=09878708

Subpop has re-issued the Sunny Day Real Estate back-catalog on vinyl which is so fucking rad. These records are so instrumental in what has become Emo which has influenced so many bands. Sunny Day is actually doing a tour coming up and taking Jealous Sound which I am also stoked about since we did their double LP for the Vinyl Coop. Get these records before they go out of print again. These records have fetched top dollar on ebay in the past and I am pretty certain that these will sound even better since they have been remastered.

We should have records in around the middle of September

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

I didn't know where else to post this and I didn't want to start a new thread until we have official info.  I emailed SubPop the other day and asked if there were any plans to reissue "How it Feels to be Something On" and this is the response I received....

Brian,

Just between you and me, I'd say that if your birthday was in August, Sub Pop would be giving you present this year.

Happy birthday,
Derek Erdman

Looks like it's finally going to be back in print this coming August!  I for one am elated because this album is one of my favorites from back in the day.  I've been hesitant to spend the money on an OP so I'm glad I held out.  I'm sure SubPop will do something nice for this release.

29 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

I didn't know where else to post this and I didn't want to start a new thread until we have official info.  I emailed SubPop the other day and asked if there were any plans to reissue "How it Feels to be Something On" and this is the response I received....

Brian,

Just between you and me, I'd say that if your birthday was in August, Sub Pop would be giving you present this year.

Happy birthday,
Derek Erdman

Looks like it's finally going to be back in print this coming August!  I for one am elated because this album is one of my favorites from back in the day.  I've been hesitant to spend the money on an OP so I'm glad I held out.  I'm sure SubPop will do something nice for this release.

Yesssssss. I've been bugging them about this shit for months.

19 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

I didn't know Diary was out of print. I always saw copies at my local record shop.

I don't think it has been since 2009 when this thread was made...

2 hours ago, dapeebs said:

I didn't know Diary was out of print. I always saw copies at my local record shop.

No, Diary is definitely not out of print...you can find it all over the place.  If you reread my post, I mention that they are planning or reissuing "How it Feels to Be Something On" in August.  I posted this info in the Diary thread because we don't have official info yet.  Didn't want to create a new thread yet.

26 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

No, Diary is definitely not out of print...you can find it all over the place.  If you reread my post, I mention that they are planning or reissuing "How it Feels to Be Something On" in August.  I posted this info in the Diary thread because we don't have official info yet.  Didn't want to create a new thread yet.

This is why I like you.

2 hours ago, mia2000 said:

I'd be so stoked to be able to add a copy of "How it Feels to be Something On" to my vinyl collection for a reasonable price!

For sure!  I'm excited! I'll be curious to see what SubPop does with this reissue.  The title track still gives me goosebumps after all these years.  Such a beautiful track and beautiful album.  

Whoa, I didn't know How It Feels went for big bucks. It was the first record I bought from SDRE, after I heard them on a Subpop sampler CD. I need to spin that sucker today. It's cool that they are reissuing it for those who don't have it, and if they do any deluxo stuff I may have to buy it again.