Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

According to my email:

1 x $5.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You White/Blue 7 Inch

1 x $5.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You Coke Bottle Green 7 Inch

1 x $5.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You Black 7 Inch

1 x $0.00 I've Been Thinking About Leaving You

1 x $6.00 The American Scene/Daybreaker Split - Milky Clear/Green 7"

1 x $0.00 The American Scene/Daybreaker - Split

1 x $10.00 The Northbound Trains Purple/White Haze LP

1 x $6.00 Punk Is Dead. Get A Job. Clear/Black Swirl 6 Inch Vinyl

Wrote them again, haven't heard anything back yet. Still waiting.

And again, now it's outside the 45 day Paypal thing so a dispute would just get closed. MerchNow better not go all RJ on me because it's the cool thing to do to people.

its because you ordered this

1 x $6.00 Punk Is Dead. Get A Job. Clear/Black Swirl 6 Inch Vinyl

it was a preorder for it

This. I just received my 6" last week in California. Should be on the way.

Has anyone ordered from hyperrealist in the past few weeks or so? I just placed an order a few days ago and I've heard some horror stories about them in the past. Just wondering if they've gotten it together.

No updates on the website for a year, and he's had problems before. I would shoot an email just to ask when you can expect it to see if you get a response.

Thank you for the input. I've already sent a friendly email asking whether or not they send shipping confirmation or tracking numbers so hopefully, if he's checking his email at all, he'll see it and all will be well. I really hope I get this.

No updates on the website for a year, and he's had problems before. I would shoot an email just to ask when you can expect it to see if you get a response.

Thank you for the input. I've already sent a friendly email asking whether or not they send shipping confirmation or tracking numbers so hopefully, if he's checking his email at all, he'll see it and all will be well. I really hope I get this.

Good luck. I had to file a Paypal claim to get my money back from Pat at Hyperrealist. I talked with him specifically, Paypaled the funds, and never heard back after a dozen emails. Didn't even respond to the Paypal claims. And yet, he had a test press of Red Album up on eBay last week...

Sacred Bones Records is proving to be a real pack of jerks. I ordered an LP on the 4th of this month, and after two weeks decided to contact them (they only have an e-mail option) and neither e-mail was answered. I've now opened a PayPal claim and they haven't responded to that. Mark this as the first time I've ever had an issue with ordering from a label.

Good luck. I had to file a Paypal claim to get my money back from Pat at Hyperrealist. I talked with him specifically, Paypaled the funds, and never heard back after a dozen emails. Didn't even respond to the Paypal claims. And yet, he had a test press of Red Album up on eBay last week...

That sucks. Shit. What's his eBay name?

That sucks. Shit. What's his eBay name?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=thisisspinalpat&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

I hate to say this but WORST: In Vinyl We Trust. I ordered the white stripes conquest 7 inch. The list it online a the black version but sent me a red version. I emailed them about it and posted on their facebook. Since then my emails have gone unanswered and my facebook post got deleted by them.

BEST: Secretly Canadian. Right after the green Maraqopa LP with 7"s sold out, I emailed customer service asking about it. The rep (thanks Betsey!!) somehow put a package together over the next few days and I was able to get it even though I snoozed.

WORST: The occasional eBay and Discogs seller.

I hate to say this but WORST: In Vinyl We Trust. I ordered the white stripes conquest 7 inch. The list it online a the black version but sent me a red version. I emailed them about it and posted on their facebook. Since then my emails have gone unanswered and my facebook post got deleted by them.

You're really gonna call them the worst over a color issue? I agree that they should answer your email but keep in mind they are a very small operation and they absolutely kill it in terms of packing and shipping time.

You're really gonna call them the worst over a color issue? I agree that they should answer your email but keep in mind they are a very small operation and they absolutely kill it in terms of packing and shipping time.

ok maybe not worst but bad. I've had nothing but great service in terms of packing and ship times but the one time I have a issue they are not responding. Plus like i added they simply deleted my comment on their facebook page as opposed to replying to it

Guest realtalk
Sacred Bones Records is proving to be a real pack of jerks. I ordered an LP on the 4th of this month, and after two weeks decided to contact them (they only have an e-mail option) and neither e-mail was answered. I've now opened a PayPal claim and they haven't responded to that. Mark this as the first time I've ever had an issue with ordering from a label.

Sacred Bones has bad customer service. 100% agree.

Pre-ordered 3 copies of two records for a couple of friends and myself (to save on international shipping). After 2 months of waiting and them holding our money, they cancel 2 of each order and only then do they say that they are limiting sales to 1 copy per customer. Fine with me, but notify your customers up front if you have a specific policy regarding this instead of holding money and canceling pre-ordered items at the last minute. My friends and i were pissed so we ended up canceling the order entirely, just on principle and nobody got the records. The next time I ordered from them I purchased 2 records and they only shipped one. They actually did respond fairly quickly but I am still waiting for the missing record to arrive. Will not be ordering from them again.

Ordered from BIG SCARY MONSTERS RECORDINGS for the repress of Bear Vs. Shark's "right now you're in the best of hands" 2 and a half weeks ago and just received the record with all corners bent and a rip in the side of the jacket. I bet it had something to do with the half assed packaging job they did. Good thing I only spent 24 dollars for an album that is still in print! fuck.

[image]

I actually just got awesome customer service from Sony of all places!

I bought a copy of Cage the Elephant's Self Titled LP which was released in 2008. The download card directed me to the MP3s for the band's second album Thank You, Happy Birthday. I emailed the label at 10 am EST on Memorial Day and had a link to download the correct files by 6 pm the same day.

Waterslide Records - Japan

Ordered a 7" from these guys. Had to email them to checkout because they don't have international shipping set up through their website but I worked with Kazu. Super easy transaction and shipping was only like $3.50. Obviously this was the cheapest option - he gave me a few - which was surface mail, but it got here in 3 weeks and was packed well. Definitely recommended.

I think I'm just not patient enough to order through a distro. Ordered that Ozzy set from Pop Market and after I placed and paid for the order, it notified me that it was back ordered ( which it is still). Ordered from another place and when I asked a week later when my stuff was mailed, they told me that it wasn't done and they would probably get to it in a few more days... "Probably" ? "Get to it"?. First and last order from those places.

I'm one of those crazy people that expect service once I give you my money. At least update me for fuck sakes

So guess who hasn't responded to my emails and guess who just put up a Hyperrealist first press of Red Album on eBay a few days ago. I'll give you a hint. Its the same fucker. But he DID answer my eBay message question about his Red Album listing.

Interesting....

Its obvious that he's more concerned about making a killing flipping his own records that he's sitting on than sending out retail priced orders from his website.

Fuck him.

Oh yeah!

WORST: HYPERREALIST

Solidarity Recordings - awesome service, friendly, great music / distro, VERY fast and secure shipping. It seemed like my records were put in the mail the same day I ordered on both occasions I purchased records.

Kings Road / Epitaph - it has been said over and over again but they offer great service as well. Shipping prices are sometimes high due to priority, but they really spoil you. I ordered 2 albums that were out of stock and a mug and they allowed me to replace to the two OOS records with slightly more expensive records that I wanted at no additional cost. The mug I ordered had the tiniest imperfection so they even sent me an additional mug with a different design also at no additional charge. Throw in a ton of stickers and pins and I was a happy camper to say the least. Also, when ordering from the European site, my items made it to my apartment very well packed and with lightning speed from Germany. I think I ordered on a Thursday or Friday and it arrived on Tuesday the following week.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?