The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I thought last nights episode was pretty good, certainly better than watching the Grammys. I'm glad to see them introduce new characters, especially if they ain't going to leave the damn farm. I read an interesting interview (below) with the current show-runner who essentially said that the first half was Frank Darabont's vision the next 6 episodes are more his and will feel little different. Maybe he is passing the buck but it seems like they are aware of the criticism.

Seeing as how they are taking liberties with the comics, Which major character is going to die over the next 5 episodes? Shane seems most likely.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/walking-dead-glen-mazzara-interivew-frank-darabont.html

I totally thought this scene would go a different direction but I am glad that we're seeing Rick develop further towards the darker side of things. I just don't understand why Rick didn't come clean about their current situation with these new guys. Just tell them that his own group is on the skids with Hershel and that they're probably going to be moving on soon. Although I'm fairly certain Rick probably hasn't come to terms with this... but it'll have to happen eventually. Secondly, did it ever occur to him to tell them to go try and camp out at one of the OTHER farms in the area? It's not like Hershel's farm is the only one out there!

I'd like to know what's going to happen with the other group of people that were with these two guys. The ones they said needed help. What if they're the ones who end up helping Lori out and Rick ends up looking like a total dbag for shooting them?

Oh and I'd like to point out that I would looooove to see Dale be the one to kill Shane instead of Carl.

i'm pretty sure that those dudes were just looking for some people to kill/rape/have some fun with, so telling them to go to another farm wouldn't have really been effective.

and if anyone other than carl kills shane i'll be super bummed. huge part of his character development, especially since the twins aren't in the story/comparable characters haven't been introduced as of yet.

I see your point. I still think he could have tried to reason with them. Honestly though, the reason I didn't think he'd shoot those goons was due to an article I'd read on a spoiler site. It mentioned two new characters and stated they'd be on the show for at least 4 episodes. So I expected them to stick around longer than 15 minutes. Serves me right for reading them spoilers!!!

I thought last nights episode was pretty good, certainly better than watching the Grammys. I'm glad to see them introduce new characters, especially if they ain't going to leave the damn farm. I read an interesting interview (below) with the current show-runner who essentially said that the first half was Frank Darabont's vision the next 6 episodes are more his and will feel little different. Maybe he is passing the buck but it seems like they are aware of the criticism.

Seeing as how they are taking liberties with the comics, Which major character is going to die over the next 5 episodes? Shane seems most likely.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/walking-dead-glen-mazzara-interivew-frank-darabont.html

scroll up about 5 or 6 posts.

I for one thought the whole zombie arm had some sort of significance. I just can't put my finger on it. Here's what I got so far:

When they were getting ready to bury the 3 bodies, they handled Sophia's body with care... using blankets and carefully resting her body when they picked her up and put her down.

With the zombies in the back of the trunk, once the arm fell off Andrea went ahead and picked it up and threw it on the back of the truck like a piece of meat, treating it like an object... unlike with Sophia.

I for one thought the whole zombie arm had some sort of significance. I just can't put my finger on it. Here's what I got so far:

When they were getting ready to bury the 3 bodies, they handled Sophia's body with care... using blankets and carefully resting her body when they picked her up and put her down.

With the zombies in the back of the trunk, once the arm fell off Andrea went ahead and picked it up and threw it on the back of the truck like a piece of meat, treating it like an object... unlike with Sophia.

They addressed that in the episode. Bury the ones you love, burn the others.

interview with the new showrunner:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/walking-dead-glen-mazzara-interivew-frank-darabont.html?mid=twitter_vulture

i don't know if he was nervous or what, but he comes across as really egocentric and full of himself.

also, he doesn't mention kirkman or the original material once.

Dude sounds like a dong.

i dislike lori more than i dislike skylar from breaking bad. and i was really rooting for her to get fucked up more than once.

but lori, i mean, my god. i cheered when the car flipped.

I made a really insensitive comment when the car flipped and Mellie sorta slapped me.

I think I may have made the same comment with the same result, haha.